Windows 10: No longer able to customize Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer Windows 10, Build 19041.630

Discus and support No longer able to customize Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer Windows 10, Build 19041.630 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Used to be able to customize the Quick Action Toolbar in File Explorer and no longer able to do so. I use the Preview Pane a lot but frequently need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Victor-093, Dec 8, 2020.

1. No longer able to customize Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer Windows 10, Build 19041.630

Used to be able to customize the Quick Action Toolbar in File Explorer and no longer able to do so. I use the Preview Pane a lot but frequently need to turn it off. There used to be an option on the Quick Access Toolbar's pull-down arrow to "Customize "Quick Action Toolbar". How do I get it back or why did they take it away? I'm really tired of companies 'improving' features that made programs successful by taking them out of their apps without customers requesting it! Please put them back and stop doing it. Instead try adding the features the customers are requesting.

Thank you,

Victor-093

:)

Victor-093, Dec 8, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

Hi, lacking such an option, I wondered if there was anything sensible in the registry - pure optimism of course.

How to Customize File Explorers Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10

appears to show where the data for the toolbar is stored. Unfortunately it does not look helpful, much as you might expect. Nor would you wish to be accessing such data in any case.

dalchina, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2020
  4. No longer able to customize Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer Windows 10, Build 19041.630

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

No longer able to customize Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer Windows 10, Build 19041.630

1. No longer able to customize Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer Windows 10, Build 19041.630 - Similar Threads - longer able customize

2. File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11: How can I get my File Explorer quick access toolbar back in Windows 11? It appears to have been removed in the update from Windows 10. This makes navigating file explorer pretty cumbersome with a keyboard, especially since there is no way to autofit the column widths via...
  3. File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11: How can I get my File Explorer quick access toolbar back in Windows 11? It appears to have been removed in the update from Windows 10. This makes navigating file explorer pretty cumbersome with a keyboard, especially since there is no way to autofit the column widths via...
  4. Windows 10 - Explorer - Quick Access - Custom Groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Explorer - Quick Access - Custom Groups: Hello,I am planning on passing down some of my tasks i have to do on a regular basis.For these tasks i got used to workflows i consider being best practice.One very important component of these best practices is using the Windows Explorer - Quick Access functionality.I am...
  5. Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10: Is there any way to create a Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10? I had that toolbar in both Windows XP and Windows 7. I just got a new desktop and am trying my best to get used to this OS but I'd like to have that Quick Access toolbar back for the stuff I use the most....
  6. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  7. Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.: Many files came in quick access tab which i have used 2 months ago that too only once. I am not able to clear them using 'file explorer options'. [ATTACH]...
  8. Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands that are...
  9. Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands that...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...