Windows 10: No longer able to cut and paste files using Files Explorer

Discus and support No longer able to cut and paste files using Files Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Suddenly I noticed that when I try to cut and paste files using Files Explorer, the file pastes and the file name shows, but no matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sedagabab, May 19, 2020.

1. Sedagabab Win User

No longer able to cut and paste files using Files Explorer

Hello. Suddenly I noticed that when I try to cut and paste files using Files Explorer, the file pastes and the file name shows, but no matter what type of file it is pdf, word, jpg etc., the pasted file seems to be corrupt and cannot be opened. However, the original file that was I trying to copy is still fine and can be opened. I am updated on Windows Update, tried running SFC as well DISM commands and nothing wrong ws found. Rebooted computer and still having this problem. Really appreciate your help.

:)

Sedagabab, May 19, 2020

2. Cannot Paste a File after Cut or Copy a File because Paste is not available

None of the suggestions have changed the situation. I still cannot cut or copy a FILE and then paste it. Paste is greyed out and cannot be selected. Is there a way that I can be sure the CUT or COPY is moving the data to the clipboard?

Like I said in my original problem description, I can cut or copy and paste DATA from within applications, but not FILES from within File Explorer.

Thanks for any help you may give me.

HarryHankla, May 19, 2020
  3. Can not cut or copy and paste multiple files

In windows 10 I can not cut or copy and paste multiple files from one location to another like I use to be able to in Windows 8. It seems to copy/cut one of the files but then stalls and never moves the other files that are selected. Any suggestions? Thanks!

aaaabbbb69, May 19, 2020
  4. LP USVI Win User

Win 10 Home - Cut & Paste or Drag & Drop Crashes File Explorer

Since upgrading to Windows 10 - Each time I drag & drop or cut & paste a file File Explorer crashes. The action is implemented, but I have to reopen File Explorer and work my way back to the folder I'm working on. This happens when working with one or
    multiple files.

Ideas? Suggestions?

LP USVI, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. No longer able to cut and paste files using Files Explorer - Similar Threads - longer able cut

2. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  3. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  4. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>: I'd like to cut & paste some User files including Appdata and possible user files from C to D. Does that cause any problems?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copycut-paste-appdata-files/9284a01f-bbd1-4f17-80b6-99dbcb11fae0
  6. New PC - File Explorer crashing when pasting copied/cut files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC - File Explorer crashing when pasting copied/cut files: Just bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home (Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gb, 1 tb m2 SSD, Radeon 5700XT). I'm trying to set it up, but every time I paste files to the C drive in File Explorer, it flashes white and crashes to desktop. This is the error message I get in Event Viewer:...
  7. Sudden problem with cut and pasting of files using Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden problem with cut and pasting of files using Files Explorer: Hello. Suddenly I noticed that when I try to cut and paste files using Files Explorer, the file pastes and the file name shows, but no matter what type of file it is pdf, word, jpg etc., the pasted file seems to be corrupt and cannot be opened. However, the original file...
  8. Lost files during cut and paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files during cut and paste: Hi there So I was cutting and pasting several large folders from my laptop to hard drive when my laptop suddenly turned off. When I turned it back on again, I could see that the files were gone from the one disk E:, and I could also see that my C: folder had exactly that...
  9. File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working: Hi there, I need some help seeing at MS Support could not solve the problem. When trying to copy and paste a file from File Explorer (or Desktop), my "Paste" operations remains disabled. As if the copy operation never actually copied the file. I also noticed that when I...
  10. File explorer cut/paste problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer cut/paste problem: In Windows 10 file explorer occasionally when I cut files from one directory and paste them in another, the whole directory that I'm pasting to disappears. It happens so fast that its hard to see but it seems like a window pops up deleting the files and the status. The...