Windows 10: No longer able to log in as OWNER

Discus and support No longer able to log in as OWNER in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am setting up some computers for a non-profit.I just got my own computer to begin this process, and had been logging in as OWNER, an administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by drrobertelmore, Sep 14, 2021.

1. No longer able to log in as OWNER

I am setting up some computers for a non-profit.I just got my own computer to begin this process, and had been logging in as OWNER, an administrator. This was the way my computer was set up when I got it. It did not have an email or password assigned to it.I added another account for the non-profit and successfully set it up as a business account.I then had two accounts and could switch accounts from the START menu. I have been doing this for more than a week.For some reason the OWNER account is not appearing as a login option; I only have the business account I set up for the non-profit.

:)

drrobertelmore, Sep 14, 2021

2. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2021
  4. No longer able to log in as OWNER

Owner Can't log in as login says not connected to internet and it is. This occurred after updated on September 15. (

The owner of a Windows 10 machine was updated on September 15 is no longer able to log in. ONce forgot password is tried it says unable as there is no internet connection; however, another person on the computer with a different log in can. What do we
    do. The owner (my daughter) can not access her files anymore.

Thank you.

JacqueSumler, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

No longer able to log in as OWNER

1. No longer able to log in as OWNER - Similar Threads - longer able log

2. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  3. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  4. Not able to log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to log in.: Screen freezes when loading. Error message - Critical Process Died. I was getting frequent screen freezes just before using a word document. Only one other applicating was running. I can not log in now. I can not enter my PIN to my MS account. Help....
  5. No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong": Since an update a month or more ago I have been unable to log into to my Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 because after supplying my Microsoft password and approving the Authenticator app I am prompted to set up a PIN. The setup fails with a "Something Went Wrong" message. Hitting...
  6. No longer able to get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer able to get into BIOS: System is a new (4 month old) B450-HDV R.4.0, AMD Ryzen 3. 8 GB RAM. OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Build 18363. Two 500 GB SSDs Been having some issues with I/O (RS-232) and a few other things but basically the Win 10 system is stable and working with a few issues I've been...
  7. log in with new user, not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in with new user, not able to log in: I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-new-user-not-able-to-log-in/5f311638-1c9b-47b4-a35b-844dd09f3dda"
  8. not able to log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to log in: I have a HP desk top computer and recently I am unable to log in. I get the home page but when I try to log in the screen just blinks and the log in bar doesn't even show up. Does this mean I may have a virus?...
  9. No longer being able to Log into Mahjong Daily Challenges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer being able to Log into Mahjong Daily Challenges: Hi there – I restored my Win10 installation after the November update several times because the system was no longer running smoothly, and finally did a clean install of the update a few days ago. Now I can no longer log-in to MS Mahjong Daily Challenged (No problem with the...
  10. Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin: Hello, I use Lenovo Miix 700 (tablet) that I received through my school. The original account was my school account, but after adding my microsoft account as the main account it doesn't show the account picture I set or my username. Instead it is just the blank picture and...