Windows 10: No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong"

Discus and support No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since an update a month or more ago I have been unable to log into to my Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 because after supplying my Microsoft password and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GuyPickering, May 1, 2021.

1. No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong"

Since an update a month or more ago I have been unable to log into to my Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 because after supplying my Microsoft password and approving the Authenticator app I am prompted to set up a PIN. The setup fails with a "Something Went Wrong" message. Hitting Retry does not help and clicking "Skip for now" takes me back to the main login screen after briefly flashing "Welcome". Unfortunately this is the only admin account on the machine. I have logged in under a non-admin account, but am unable to change any settings e.g. registry as that user. So I am stuck in in infinite

:)

GuyPickering, May 1, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin

Before going to a lengthy explanation and advice, could you please confirm if I am right or wrong assuming that your original user account, that from school, is an Azure AD account?

If you are not sure, do this to check it:

Sign in to your school account. When signed in, click your avatar in Start menu and select Switch account:

No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong" [​IMG]

Now sign in to your MS account. When signed in, click the MS account avatar in Start menu. Can you now see the school account name as Azure AD\Your_Name:

No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong" [​IMG]

How we proceed depends on if the school account is shown as Azure AD account or not.

Each user account in Windows have their own password and PIN. Whatever account type the school account is, it has its PIN. When you set up an additional MS account, it requires its own PIN:

Kari, May 1, 2021
  3. Ginny89 Win User
    No longer able to use PIN on laptop

Hi.

I am able to use my PIN on my tablet and my phone. However, I can no longer use my PIN when signing in on my laptop. It has been many months since I was last able to use it on my laptop. When I select the PIN option now on my laptop, it says I am unable
    to log in this way due to your setup settings. I am unsure what steps to be able to use my PIN again on my laptop. I really, really do not want to use a new PIN if at all possible

Best regards,

Ginny89, May 1, 2021
  4. No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong"

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, May 1, 2021
Thema:

No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong"

1. No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong" - Similar Threads - longer able log

2. Windows 10 PIN "Something went wrong"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN "Something went wrong": Guys, I need your help. I cannot remove my PIN when starting up my computer, it annoys me every time i have to change my password. These policies are crazy!.... I have a school account in use. I tried everything and I do not want to delete it cause it may erase all my content...
  3. Something went wrong and your pin is not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong and your pin is not available: Hey, I have a problem I updated windows 10 using Windows update assistant, but when I restarted my computer, I got this message on login 'something went wrong and your pin is not available' and there is an option saying 'set up a new one' but when I press it, nothing happens,...
  4. “Something went wrong”

“Something went wrong”: Hello , the reason of this question is the following: i forgot my pin password to login to my laptop, i clicked on “forgot pin” and i followed the directions like typing codes via my phone or my email did both of them everythimg was ok so far , but when i clicked to create a...
  5. “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”: i got that when i booted up my pc,i signed in with my password instead and removed the pin,then restarted my computer then added a new one.seemed to have fixed it but what caused this? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link] [comments]...
  6. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

“Something Went Wrong” PIN Error: Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”. I cannot remember my password and have tried every possible combination based on the password hint I set up. I’ve never had...
  7. Something went wrong!

Something went wrong!: Something went wrong and Your pin isn't available. I do not see the pin option in settings > account > sign in options. I have tried to add a new account, still not working. Any help would be appreciated. r/windows submitted by /u/param109_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The login screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter. When I do that, the error comes up saying...
  9. something went wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    something went wrong: I don't usually have to sign in then it says there was an issue signing you into youtube https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/a935d8e4-5a23-47a6-9656-26c2209d467a
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c