Windows 10: No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email

Discus and support No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am no longer able to open chrome pdf files from an emailIt worked earlier this week, using the mail app on a Microsoft laptop. I tried saving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bridget Topper, Oct 14, 2020.

1. No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email

I am no longer able to open chrome pdf files from an emailIt worked earlier this week, using the mail app on a Microsoft laptop. I tried saving the files to my computer but it still did not work. I am in school so a lot of pdfs are getting sent to me and I need to be able to access them without having to wipe my entire computer because of all of the files I have saved and the software I have needed to download. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or where I can go to fix this?

:)

Bridget Topper, Oct 14, 2020

2. Adobe 2.0 Can't Open PDF Email Attachments

Hi. I am using WM5 on an HTC Wizard. I installed Adobe 2.0 for viewing PDF's and it works great. The only problem I have is that I get an error every time I try to view a pdf that is an email attachment.

If I try to save the pdf attachment and then view it I get the same two errors listed above.

If I copy the pfd attachment from my PC to the device I can open it, but I suspect that is because some type of file conversion has taken place.

Should I be able to view pdf attachments on my device using adobe 2.0 or will the pdf attachments always need some type of coverting before I can view them on my device?

Adobe 2.0 works great, but so far I am unable to view pfd email attachments.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

CountryBob, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Attaching pdf files to email in mango

EdHans gave
    this reply is another thread that might offer some insight:

• ...I understand your frustration. WP7 doesn't have a file system that is exposed, and Mango won't change that. The spec is for application developers to write the ability to see their own files and if they should be emailable, then build the hooks from
      that app into the email system. Perfect Scan does that. Adobe doesn't.
    • when you see word docs and photos, that is because the Word/Photo app allows that, and both have an email/share command that allows you to send it.
    • Adobe is the one here that must make the change, at least as things are now. WP7 doesn't have an open file system like Winmo did, just as the iPhone doesn't

via
    post by EdHans

The following is a reply that Prof Julie gave on an older post. It might offer some insight on what you can (or cannot do)

• If you open the file that is attached to the email, it will open up in Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Adobe Reader (if you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on the phone, you'll be prompted to install it at that time).
    • If the file is a PDF file, the file will be automatically saved to the phone when it is opened. Then if you want to view it again, you'll just open up the Adobe Reader and see it in the list of PDF files that are saved to the phone. Unfortunately, if
      you ever want to email the file to someone there's no way to send PDF files as attachments to emails. So if you think you'll want to email the file later on, you'll need to save the original email that you got that includes the PDF file attachment.
    • If the file is a Word, Excel or Powerpoint file, when you open it, it will open up in the correct application. Then you can tap the 3 dots in the lower left corner and select the "Save As" option to save it to the phone. Then when you open up the Office
      hub you'll see the files listed there.

via
    post by Prof Julie

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 14, 2020
  4. -Dodge- Win User

No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email

email pdf attachment

THERE IS A WAY!:

It depends what OS you're running and what PDF reading application you're using.

In windows phone 8 you couldn't do it by opening the email and clicking "attach" but you could if you opened the PDF and clicked "Share" in the options.

In the updated 8.1 this no longer happens as the Share option just sends an email with a link.

However, there is a way to do it.

1. Open internet browser and go to your email account.

2. Choose the PC version of the site not the mobile one.

3. Draft email and attach files as normal (either from OneDrive or from your phone files).

-Dodge-, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email

1. No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email - Similar Threads - longer able open

2. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  3. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Can't open pdf email attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  5. Can't open emailed attached files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open emailed attached files: This problem occurred a week ago. Have been running same software for years without a problem. I am not able to open any file attached to an email. Email client is Windows Live Mail. Using latest version of Windows 10. I believe opening files is a Windows function. I can open...
  6. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  7. Attaching external drive and not able to open files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attaching external drive and not able to open files: I have attached an external hard drive to my laptop and although the computer recognizes the new device (it pops up under "devices and printers"), I am not seeing where I can actually access the folders that are in the hard drive. It will let me open the properties info for...
  8. preview of pdf attachements in emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    preview of pdf attachements in emails: When attaching a pdf file to an email, I am getting a message "This file can't be previewed." In my preview pane. I used to be able to preview all email attachments before adding them. Other types of file (jpeg, exl, png, etc.) show in the preview pane but not pdf files. The...
  9. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...
  10. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments: I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not...