Windows 10: No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

Discus and support No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I hope everyone is well in these troubling times. I have a wifi network that includes a hard drive linked via the router. Prior to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnDrouot, Apr 24, 2020.

1. No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

Hello.

I hope everyone is well in these troubling times.

I have a wifi network that includes a hard drive linked via the router. Prior to the 1909 upgrade I could access this drive from the Windows laptops in the house. Now none of them can see it, yet alone access it. It is still there and working because my Sonos system can play music from it and I can also see the drive and access it from a Linux system.

I'm running Windows 10. Version 1909 Build 18363.815

Any thoughts?

John Drouot

:)

JohnDrouot, Apr 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

I am unable to access our work Network drive with my new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909. My colleague had the same issue when he updated his Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909. Please could you provide assistance or a work around to be
    able to access the Network drive.

Alwyn Ally, Apr 24, 2020
  4. No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

1. No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade - Similar Threads - longer able network

2. No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...: Can anyone assist with my issue after updating to latest windows 11?I'm using windows 11 Pro and all computers are in a domain.Also, using Fujitsu 7160 scanner on all works stations.Everything was working fine until the most resent windows 11 update Windows 11 version 22H2...
  3. No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...: Can anyone assist with my issue after updating to latest windows 11?I'm using windows 11 Pro and all computers are in a domain.Also, using Fujitsu 7160 scanner on all works stations.Everything was working fine until the most resent windows 11 update Windows 11 version 22H2...
  4. Not able to upgrade from Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to upgrade from Windows 10 1909: I have been trying to upgrade some of my VMs from Windows 10 1909 to 20H2 but the upgrade fails every time. I get error 0x80070057. I have run sfc /scannow and gotten no errors. I have renamed the SoftwareDistribution folder. I also tried it with no internet connectivity...
  5. Upgrade to 1909 no longer offered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to 1909 no longer offered: Just visited my Windows Update settings, and this has replaced the offer to upgrade from 1903 to 1909. [img] How do I upgrade to 1909? 159169
  6. Drive letter assignments no longer persists after update to Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive letter assignments no longer persists after update to Windows 10 1909: Since the update to 1909 my SD card drive letter assignment changes on reboot. The card remains in the laptop all the time and was always assigned W:. Now when ever I reboot, it changes to E:...
  7. 3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809: Hi, I am trying to work through a problem. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1809 and lost my 3 network drives in the process. I have tried to work through this with the drive manufacturer but have not been able to resolve the problem. Each of the 3 drives had a mapped...
  8. Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

Windows no longer sees 5GHz network: My computer used to see the 5GHz network in my house and has been connected to 5GHz networks before, but at some point it stopped seeing it. All other devices in the house can see and connect to the 5GHz network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but to no...
  9. Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive

Windows 10 no longer sees my WDTV network with external hard drive: I go on the network it see the WDTV as existing , I can cast a show to it but not longer can connect to the 5TB hard drive from my PC that is using windows 10. It used to work a couple of weeks ago perfect. I have an old laptop running Vista and it sees everything perfect....
  10. No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.

No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.: I have 3 computers running Windows 10 1709 , all 3 computers using Workgroup as name . I was trying to locate a shared folder in computer 2 today from Computer 3 , but I cannot find the computer under file Explorer , Network anymore. I tried the reverse but Computer 2 also...