Windows 10: No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

Discus and support No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone assist with my issue after updating to latest windows 11?I'm using windows 11 Pro and all computers are in a domain.Also, using Fujitsu 7160... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Primo Quezada, Dec 6, 2022.

1. No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

Can anyone assist with my issue after updating to latest windows 11?I'm using windows 11 Pro and all computers are in a domain.Also, using Fujitsu 7160 scanner on all works stations.Everything was working fine until the most resent windows 11 update Windows 11 version 22H2 After the update, when users try to scan a document and save it to any shared drive, when trying to browse for a shared drive to save documents to, they are no longer able to see any shared drives. Remember this only happens when using PaperStream Capture. If I check file explorer, I can see all mapped shared drives, se im

:)

Primo Quezada, Dec 6, 2022
  2. retate Win User

Windows 11 Browse For Folder Dialog Issue - Only Desktop

I am running Windows 11 22H2 and have the problem being reported with a specific application Fujitsu PaperStream Capture scanner software version 3.2.0. Both Windows 11 and PaperStream are updated to current. I ran the above test, and the test shows the issue of showing only access to the desktop. The desktop folder has not been relocated.

retate, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Scanner won't run on Windows 11

Here is what worked for me.

Step 1. Uninstall all Epson software by using the Control Panel Programs and Features uninstall process.

Step 2. Download ALL Epson files related to my scanner from the official Epson Perfection support page. Here is the link.

Perfection Series | Scanners | Epson® Official Support

I selected my scanner model from the list, which took me to the scanner’s support page.

From the dropdown list I selected Windows 11 as my operating system – even though the web form “detected” Windows 10 64 bit. Make sure to hit the “GO” button to reveal the list of downloadable files.

Step 3. There were seven files displayed under the “Utilities” section. I downloaded all of them into a file folder on my hard drive – noting the date of each file.

Step 4. Rename to add numbers to all files according to their associated date, starting with the oldest first. My renamed files looked like this:

1_epson16827.exe – Epson Copy Utility v4.1.1+

2_EPS_1.00.10.exe – Easy Photo Scan v1.00.10+

3_V550_EScan_3923_AM.exe – Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.9.2.3+

4_ESCU_1.0.0.0.exe – Common Updater for Epson Scan v1.0.0.0+

5_EEM_31153.exe – Epson Event Manager v3.11.53+

6_ESCU_W11.exe – Epson Scan Common Updater v1.0.0+

7_ESU_4.6.3.exe – Epson Software Updater v4.6.3

Step 5. Install all seven files sequentially, starting with 1_epson16827.exe and working methodically up to 7_ESU_4.6.3.exe

Step 6. Turn on scanner. Reboot.

Everyday operation (after performing this reinstall)

Step 1. Turn on scanner and then boot. Make sure scanner is powered on before boot.

If Windows is running but the scanner was not turned on before boot -- and if the scanner is not responsive do the following:

Step 1. Turn on scanner.

Step 2. In Windows 11, run services.msc. Find the “Windows Image Acquisition” service. Restart that service. Agree to restart Epson scanning service.

Step 3. Run Epson Scan. This should initialize all necessary electronic connections. Might need to run once, close, and run a second time.

Anyways, this is what is working for me… today. I hope it works for me tomorrow as well.

trilobite53, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

Not able to share files over network after an windows update.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that Home network feature has been removed from Windows 10 (1803 and later builds). So could you please help me with the following:

1. Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    Note: To check the version of windows, open run dialog box (by pressing Windows key + R) and type “Winver”.

2. What is the exact error message you are getting??

Here is an alternate that you can use. We have a feature called Map a drive to share files on computers on same network. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Re-map the drive: Here is article to help to map the drive:
    Map a network drive.If you are not able
    to view any of your computers from the other computer then follow the steps mentioned below.

Step 2: Check if the feature is enabled (make sure that this feature is enabled on all the computer connected to this network).

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.

4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.

5. Windows Feature box will open. Please scroll down and under SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, check the boxes next to SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and SMB 1.0/ CIFS Server. If the boxes are already ticked, please unchecked the box and check
    it again.

6. It will ask you to restart your Computer. Please Restart it.

Step 3: Check if the services are running:

1. Press Windows key + R to open Run. Then type "Services.msc" in the run box and hit enter.
    2. The names of the services which you will need to check are:

• Function Discovery Provide Host.
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication.
    • SSDP Discovery.
    • UPnP Device Host.
    3. Also Check for DHCP Client and DNS Client.

4. Right click on the above services and then go to properties.

5. Under General tab, make sure that the Startup type is automatic and Service status is running.

6. Then go to recovery tab and change all the entries (next to 1st failure, 2nd failure and Subsequent failure) to Restart the Service.

Now you should be able to use the map a drive feature to share files.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

1. No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner... - Similar Threads - longer able shared

2. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  3. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  4. No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to see shared drives after windows 11 update on PaperStream Capture scanner...: Can anyone assist with my issue after updating to latest windows 11?I'm using windows 11 Pro and all computers are in a domain.Also, using Fujitsu 7160 scanner on all works stations.Everything was working fine until the most resent windows 11 update Windows 11 version 22H2...
  5. Not able to browse network shares after computer updated to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to browse network shares after computer updated to Windows 11: I have comp that was W10, it updated to W11 by itself, every since then I have had this issue. I CAN access the specific folders, like if I type "\\compname\g" for example, but if I double click on the computer in Network, or try just typing "\\computername" I get error, not...
  6. Not able to browse network shares after computer updated to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to browse network shares after computer updated to Windows 11: I have comp that was W10, it updated to W11 by itself, every since then I have had this issue. I CAN access the specific folders, like if I type "\\compname\g" for example, but if I double click on the computer in Network, or try just typing "\\computername" I get error, not...
  7. No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade: Hello. I hope everyone is well in these troubling times. I have a wifi network that includes a hard drive linked via the router. Prior to the 1909 upgrade I could access this drive from the Windows laptops in the house. Now none of them can see it, yet alone access it....
  8. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates: After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry as something this simple and widely used should not be broken in the updates. I've tried many solutions suggested all over...
  9. Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit: I have a resume that has been downloaded for a while and when necessary was able to correct and change when ever I needed. I desperately need to update it and I can't. I have had to scan it scans to my laptop as a PDF. I no longer can scan and save as a doc. Why?...
  10. Folders shared but desktop no longer seeing laptop's drive

Folders shared but desktop no longer seeing laptop's drive: I have three computers, main desktop, backup old desktop, and laptop. I had a guy come and set up sharing so they'd see each other. However, the main desktop has stopped seeing the laptop. When I turn on the laptop and it connects to the network, it can see the other two...