Windows 10: No longer able to use windows key search after updating to 2004

Discus and support No longer able to use windows key search after updating to 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning I was prompted for a reboot to install updates and I am now on Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329) for Windows 10 Pro x64 I, very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chrisan, Jun 10, 2020.

1. chrisan Win User

No longer able to use windows key search after updating to 2004

This morning I was prompted for a reboot to install updates and I am now on Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329) for Windows 10 Pro x64

I, very frequently, would use the windows key and just start to type to search/launch a program. Now when I use the windows key only the start menu comes up and typing does not initiate any searches.

I've tried searching the forums for a similar issue, but the posts I have found so far seem to be around no results being found which is not my problem as I cannot even search

Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I can't find out how to delete this thread, but the one thing I failed to do was "trying turning it off and on again" now search is back... Roy would be proud.

Feel free to delete if you are a mod!

:)

chrisan, Jun 10, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 10, 2020
  3. FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Thanks for this and your step by step. My search for updates only took 10 minutes after your guide.

Spaceman Spiff, Jun 10, 2020
  4. No longer able to use windows key search after updating to 2004

Windows search no longer works after 2004 update

Hi. After updating Windows to 2004, Windows search no longer works. Every time I click on the search box on the desktop nothing happens. No cursor, no visual sign that I even clicked on it. I also noticed that Cortana has disappeared from the settings app. Don't know if its related but thought i'd mention it. Does anybody know what might be wrong? Thanks.

BrumFellaUK, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

No longer able to use windows key search after updating to 2004

1. No longer able to use windows key search after updating to 2004 - Similar Threads - longer able key

2. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  3. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  4. Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro. i updated my window a lot of time from 1803 to 1909 but it never ask me for the activation key because i already have geniune window installed in my laptop. but after the 2004 update it asks me for activation key. when i go in activation panel it...
  5. My search is not working after 2004 update

in Cortana
    My search is not working after 2004 update: My search is not working after 2004 update Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-is-not-working-after-2004-update/6d4d82ce-3c41-47d8-a39a-15e869f61504
  6. Windows 10 May 2004 Update - Search Bar No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2004 Update - Search Bar No Longer Working: Hey All - I just got the download for the 2004 update today, and after completing the update, am no longer able to use the search bar on my computer. If I click into it, it tries to pop up a blank window before instantly closing back down again. I also seem to be missing the...
  7. Search not working after the 2004 update

in Cortana
    Search not working after the 2004 update: I installed the 2004 update from the settings app, and having done that, the search option has simply stopped working. I tried resetting it with the PowerShell script, to no avail. The Windows troubleshooter and the sfc /scannow command cannot find any problems, but the...
  8. 2004 defer updates and deactivate web search - no longer possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 defer updates and deactivate web search - no longer possible?: Hello everybody, did I miss something, or is it now with 2004 no longer possible to delay quality updates by x days even under Pro? The web search (search field in the taskbar) can no longer be deactivated - right? I am familiar with the "DisableSearchBoxSuggestions"...
  9. Windows search no longer works after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search no longer works after 2004 update: Hi. After updating Windows to 2004, Windows search no longer works. Every time I click on the search box on the desktop nothing happens. No cursor, no visual sign that I even clicked on it. I also noticed that Cortana has disappeared from the settings app. Don't know if its...
  10. Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update: As the title says, my Windows Search has stopped functioning properly after the Anniversary Update. I can click on the bar, and it will bring up an empty window, but as soon as I type in anything, it closes itself. I've read up on some possible methods of fixing it,...