Windows 10: No longer activated after in-place upgrade from OEM Win 10 Home to Pro

Discus and support No longer activated after in-place upgrade from OEM Win 10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Long story made short I have a Dell Inspiron 7577. Been activated with the OEM Home key on the machine. No 'hacks' or other adjustments to the OS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cr08, Feb 26, 2019.

1. cr08 Win User

No longer activated after in-place upgrade from OEM Win 10 Home to Pro

Long story made short I have a Dell Inspiron 7577. Been activated with the OEM Home key on the machine. No 'hacks' or other adjustments to the OS. Decided to drop the $100 on a Pro upgrade through the Store to get access to Hyper-V and Remote Desktop. Purchase and initial 'activation' seemed to go through fine and prompted a reboot which I did. Now after having rebooted it is showing me as not activated with an error code of 0xC004F213. Additionally it is listing the version as Windows 10 Enterprise and not Pro.

Any ideas? I haven't been able to find anything covered with this code anywhere expect one or two people bringing it up just last month with no answers for them either. Tried the troubleshoot link in the activation panel but it provides no help. Just says it can't activate my copy of windows and to ensure I am connected to the internet (I am).

A little bit annoying paying $100 for this on what was touted as a painless switch but now I'm stuck short of wiping and reinstalling which I can't even confirm I won't get the same activation issue afterwards.

:)

2. Windows 10 and 7 Pro OEM activation

Hi,

From what I understand the Win 10 Pro OEM key can be used to activate Win 7 Pro OEM. Bascially I have a request to build a PC with Win 7 Pro, as this is need for the software used by the business. I have run out of copies
    of Win 7 Pro OEM.

I've tried using a Win 10 Pro OEM key for a Win 7 Pro OEM activation, but it's not working, tells me the key is not valid. Am I suppose to install Win 10 pro OEM, activate it, and then install Win 7 pro OEM, and activate
    with the same key. I'm still getting orders for PCs with Win 7 Pro, and finally run out of copies.

What is the correct procedure to activate an Win 7 Pro OEM install with a Win 10 Pro OEM key?

Thanks

DavidKent1, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using OEM Disc and key

Hi, Andre

I have the same problem. I have a Windows 10 Pro OEM key and can't enter it directly to force the upgrade.

I read that even if I follow your suggestion, I won't be able to activate the Win 10 Pro (obtained via your easy upgrade method) with my OEM key.

Can you confirm that the OEM key will work to activate the Windows 10 Pro obtained via easy upgrade?

Thanks

Bruno

BrunoPascoal, Feb 26, 2019
  4. No longer activated after in-place upgrade from OEM Win 10 Home to Pro

Dennis Mop, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

No longer activated after in-place upgrade from OEM Win 10 Home to Pro

1. No longer activated after in-place upgrade from OEM Win 10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - longer activated place

2. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  3. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  4. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  5. activate win 10 home - after repair place has installed win 10 pro without activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate win 10 home - after repair place has installed win 10 pro without activation: i normally ran win 10 home - then I had to go to repair place for change hard drive - and that company installed win 10 pro - but did not activate - so now I cannot actgivate, because i dont have product key from win 10 pro - and I only have activation key for win 10 home...
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key: Hello, my desktop is win 10 home edition. I just bought a win 10 pro OEM key, but I still cannot upgrade my win 10 home to pro. It is appreciated for your help....
  7. Windows 10 no longer activated after upgrading from Home to Pro version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer activated after upgrading from Home to Pro version: Hello, I purchased a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition. As this laptop is for work, I need to access my company's servers and for this I was told I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I did this via Windows Settings that took me to the Microsoft...
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro

Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro: Hi, I am writing in hope that somebody from Microsoft is able to help me with this. I have tried the regular support channels, and my experience has unfortunately been as bad as it gets. So the problem is that I upgraded my ~2 years old hp spectre laptop from Windows 10...
  10. Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation

Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation: Hi, I bought windows 10 professional from MS Store. After in-place upgrade, for some reason it shows that I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my machine and it can not activate my windows. Please help. Thanks in advance, Aditya...