Windows 10: No longer admin after trying to disable log in

Discus and support No longer admin after trying to disable log in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After finally reformatting after a couple years, which I hold off too long because what a pain it is redoing everything, I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/liagnis, Apr 1, 2020.

1. No longer admin after trying to disable log in

No longer admin after trying to disable log in 4uQH5duFfrIHeNGv2SIqxkBJ_K2RMk13gJqXVrPWRrU.jpg

After finally reformatting after a couple years, which I hold off too long because what a pain it is redoing everything, I wanted to disable the log in screen on startup.
    I had used the steps in this youtube tutorial :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXQ7Aj5uBe4

This hasn't worked, and further it looks like I'm no longer logged in as admin. When I try to go back through the steps and reverse what I've done, it tells me I can't in the oddest way. Can't screenshot this, so I have to use a crappy cell phone pic.

If anyone can help me reverse what I've done, I'd be very grateful.

https://preview.redd.it/7a4f0mw218q...bp&s=2713cec1a8407397e137e30b1b712c028eb20259

submitted by /u/liagnis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/liagnis, Apr 1, 2020

2. Admin Permission - disable

Hi,

Are you logged into an Administrator user profile?

When are these prompts displayed? While launching an app or opening a file?

If yes, I would suggest you to enable UAC, restart the PC, then disable it (set it to never notify) again and check if the issue persists. If the issue still persists, create a new Admin user profile and check if the issue persists there as well. This will
    help us determine if this is user profile related issue. Try these steps and get back to us with the above requested information for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 1, 2020
  4. WillRay Win User

No longer admin after trying to disable log in

Auto logging into disabled account Windows 10

I was able to fix this by doing the following:

• Boot up the computer, then kill the power after startup is complete.
    • Do step #1 again. (Two crashes within two minutes after startup will cause Windows to boot into Safe Mode automatically.)
    • You will be forcibly logged in to Safe Mode with the Administrator account.
    • Enable the Administrator account, and setup your normal account as needed.
    • Restart again, you will auto login as the Administrator account (which has now been enabled).
    • Log out of the Admin account, and log in with the normal account.
    • Disable the default Administrator account once again.

WillRay, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

No longer admin after trying to disable log in

1. No longer admin after trying to disable log in - Similar Threads - longer admin trying

2. Cannot log into admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into admin.: Cannot log into administrator on my pc. I cannot downloads any drivers updates and pretty much can't do anything on it. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-admin/439d4e4f-6eb8-495f-855b-e0ff853f8d66
  3. Logged in as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logged in as admin: I activated the admin account, but then my cat stepped on it and turned off the computer. if i turn it back on, it immediately loggs in as admin where the only thing i can do is try to turn on sound, which doesn't work. i have rebooted the thing severel times and come up with...
  4. Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for: Hi all! I have a Dell desktop that was my old work computer. It's been a couple years since I used it last but I was going to let my son use it for games and such. However, neither my former supervisor nor I can remember the old Admin log-in info and as a result it will not...
  5. Can no longer log in after recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can no longer log in after recent update: Recently, my PC installed the latest updates, and now I can't log in. When trying the fingerprint scanner it says, "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer." If I try to enter my password, I get the message "The sign-in method...
  6. Admin account and logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin account and logging in: I have a family computer that I wanted to "take ownership of". I logged in (I had the password) and tried following some directions for changing the user ID. I ended up deleting all the users, including the admin user. The computer stopped responding at all. The pointer...
  7. No longer admin after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer admin after update: I have windows 10 on my computer, and on Friday it did an update. I didn't use it at all over the weekend, but when I logged in this morning and tried working on something a familiar window popped up asking if I wanted to allow the program to make changes on my computer, but...
  8. Admin Account Disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Disabled: Hi All, I have a issues in where I connected my laptop to my customers domain to assist with a few issues. Upon leaving the domain and going back to a workgroup I realised that their server had applied a group policy that disabled by local admin account. I am now left with my...
  9. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer: So, a while back I had a problem on the Windows 10 Home Edition where it would not let me change my lock screen. Since I didn't have the pro edition, I couldn't change the policy in the registry editor because of a lack of one, so I transferred all my files to a local...
  10. Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer: Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer activated in windows 10 this Windows 10 is a real pain in the ass. Can anyone help it is really annoying please, I have tried everything in the book, as admin my key shows as associated with winrar as it...