Windows 10: No longer Administrator on my computer

Discus and support No longer Administrator on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I got fed up with having to enter a password every time I turned my computer on, so I turned it off now it is telling me I am no longer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeborahGriffiths1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. No longer Administrator on my computer

Hi

I got fed up with having to enter a password every time I turned my computer on, so I turned it off now it is telling me I am no longer the Administrator. Is there anything I can do to rectify this please.

:)

DeborahGriffiths1, Aug 31, 2019

2. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer any more.

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for the update. You may check this article on how to disable OneDrive on your computer. Regarding your "not the Administrator" issue, we suggest that you
    enable the built-in administrator account on Windows 10 by running a command in an elevated command prompt. In order to do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Accept the User Account Control prompt.
    • Enter this command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Aug 31, 2019
  4. angus Win User

No longer Administrator on my computer

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

No longer Administrator on my computer

1. No longer Administrator on my computer - Similar Threads - longer Administrator computer

2. My computer no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer no longer works: Hello,I had Windows 10 on a pc all in one bought in 2015 and that uses windows 10 almost since the beginning, this model : HP Pavilion 22-h120nf. https://www.amazon.fr/HP-K9R50EA-22-h120nf/dp/B00SA5Q2X6A few month ago my computer started lagging a lot and I couldn't launch...
  3. Administrator of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  4. Administrator of my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  5. I'm no longer administrator of my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm no longer administrator of my account?: When i go to my Microsoft account on settings , right under it says 'local account' . then when i go to my sync settings it says that I'm not administrator of my own account?. This is really frustrating because when i customize my wallpaper/theme every time I close it , it...
  6. Bluetooth is no longer on my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is no longer on my computer?: Hello! Ever since I removed a pair of Bluetooth earbuds from my Bluetooth devices, Bluetooth has completely ceased to work. The troubleshooter says that my device doesn't have Bluetooth, it's not in the Control Panel or Device Manager, and when I go into Settings the...
  7. No longer Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No longer Administrator: Hello! Please help! I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator. I've tried the windows key + X trick, I've tried reversing what I did using the windows key + R but that takes me to a message that says 'are you sure you...
  8. No longer Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer Administrator: Hello! Please help! I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator. I've tried the windows key + X trick, I've tried reversing what I did using the windows key + R but that takes me to a message that says 'are you sure you...
  9. I'm no longer an Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm no longer an Administrator: I'm logging in with my main microsoft account and my user is the only user and it's an Administrator, but Suddenly I lost my right as an Administrator and my account now is guist account, I cant instal apps or running cmd [ATTACH]...
  10. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...