Windows 10: No longer Administrator

Discus and support No longer Administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Please help! I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator. I've tried the windows key + X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by User person, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:37 AM.

1. No longer Administrator

Hello!

Please help!
    I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator.
    I've tried the windows key + X trick, I've tried reversing what I did using the windows key + R but that takes me to a message that says 'are you sure you want to let this app make changes to you're device?' but there isn't a Yes option so I have to click No.

Please help!
    Thanks!

:)

2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

3. No longer have an administrator account so access to nothing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

How to Enable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows

• Right-click on the Start button and choose to open a command prompt in administrator mode.
    • Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.
    • You’ll note that there’s no password for this account, so if you want to leave it enabled you should change the password.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 18, 2020 at 1:07 AM
  4. jimbobs Win User

No longer Administrator

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

Thema:

No longer Administrator

1. No longer Administrator - Similar Threads - longer Administrator

2. I own minecraft for windows 10, but I can no longer download it and it says I must buy it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own minecraft for windows 10, but I can no longer download it and it says I must buy it again: I bought Minecraft Java Edition before October 2018, meaning I was eligible to get Minecraft Windows 10 for free with that purchase, and I did. I recently went to download it again but on my new laptop with the same account but it appears that I do not own it anymore. What...
  3. No longer Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No longer Administrator: Hello! Please help! I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator. I've tried the windows key + X trick, I've tried reversing what I did using the windows key + R but that takes me to a message that says 'are you sure you...
  4. No longer have an active active administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer have an active active administrator account: Hi all, For reasons I can't understand, my local account on my Windows 10 PC which is not on a domain is no longer a member of the local administrators group it definitely used to be. The only account that is a member of the administrators group is the Administrator...
  5. Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed: I no longer have the account that was setup as my microsoft administrator userid and I would like to change it from charter,net to google. Seems no way to do this without creating a new account. Former userid: charter,net no longer exists so can not verify account Want to...
  6. I'm no longer an Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm no longer an Administrator: I'm logging in with my main microsoft account and my user is the only user and it's an Administrator, but Suddenly I lost my right as an Administrator and my account now is guist account, I cant instal apps or running cmd [ATTACH]...
  7. Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (xxxxxxxxxxx). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...
  8. 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (1482589321). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...
  9. No longer Administrator on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer Administrator on my computer: Hi I got fed up with having to enter a password every time I turned my computer on, so I turned it off now it is telling me I am no longer the Administrator. Is there anything I can do to rectify this please....
  10. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...