Windows 10: No longer Administrator

Discus and support No longer Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! Please help! I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator. I've tried the windows key + X... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by User person, Oct 18, 2020.

1. No longer Administrator

Hello!

Please help!
    I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator.
    I've tried the windows key + X trick, I've tried reversing what I did using the windows key + R but that takes me to a message that says 'are you sure you want to let this app make changes to you're device?' but there isn't a Yes option so I have to click No.

Please help!
    Thanks!

:)

User person, Oct 18, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 18, 2020
  3. No longer have an administrator account so access to nothing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

How to Enable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows

• Right-click on the Start button and choose to open a command prompt in administrator mode.
    • Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.
    • You’ll note that there’s no password for this account, so if you want to leave it enabled you should change the password.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 18, 2020
  4. jimbobs Win User

No longer Administrator

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

No longer Administrator

1. No longer Administrator - Similar Threads - longer Administrator

2. Win 11: I no longer have administrator access anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11: I no longer have administrator access anymore.: I was trying to use my mouse driver to create a macro for a spare button. It wouldn’t create macros. After trying for a good 30-45m it appears the issue is because I no longer am viewed as an administrator and cannot edit or change anything in the program files folder. I ran...
  3. Win 11: I no longer have administrator access anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11: I no longer have administrator access anymore.: I was trying to use my mouse driver to create a macro for a spare button. It wouldn’t create macros. After trying for a good 30-45m it appears the issue is because I no longer am viewed as an administrator and cannot edit or change anything in the program files folder. I ran...
  4. My profile username is not longer on our desktop but the administrator still shows me as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My profile username is not longer on our desktop but the administrator still shows me as...: Hello,I have tried to log into our family desktop however my username/profile is no longer showing. The administrator is the only one active to log in. My profile is still active showing I am able to log in when I look at his profile. How do I gain my username back on to the...
  5. My profile username is not longer on our desktop but the administrator still shows me as...

My profile username is not longer on our desktop but the administrator still shows me as...: Hello,I have tried to log into our family desktop however my username/profile is no longer showing. The administrator is the only one active to log in. My profile is still active showing I am able to log in when I look at his profile. How do I gain my username back on to the...
  6. PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?: I’m experiencing an error, it says “Something happened and your PIN is no longer avaliable” I tried to fix this in safe mode however it requires my password even resetting my laptop requires the password as well. The problem is that i tired all the passwords i would ever use...
  7. PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?: I’m experiencing an error, it says “Something happened and your PIN is no longer avaliable” I tried to fix this in safe mode however it requires my password even resetting my laptop requires the password as well. The problem is that i tired all the passwords i would ever use...
  8. PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?

9. I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...: It worked before but now it isn't working anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-put-any-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-it/68a3e6a5-5691-499a-8c2c-6774a4906cfd
  10. I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...

I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...: It worked before but now it isn't working anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-put-any-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-it/68a3e6a5-5691-499a-8c2c-6774a4906cfd