Windows 10: No longer can boot after Windows Update

Discus and support No longer can boot after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For context, I have an Asus ROG. Yesterday, my laptop ran its automatic windows update and I woke up the next morning to see it was stuck at the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kanna_Rangoon, Jul 18, 2020.

1. No longer can boot after Windows Update

For context, I have an Asus ROG.

Yesterday, my laptop ran its automatic windows update and I woke up the next morning to see it was stuck at the boot up screen with the asus logo. At first i thought it wasnt complete, went to work, came back and it was on the same screen.

Turned off, turned back on and I get no loading circle whatsoever and progresses no further.

Cant access login screen.

Tried to boot to the bios to no avail.

Made a recoverable usb stick but cant boot into it.

Help please!

:)

Kanna_Rangoon, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    W10 no longer boots after update

Hi,

An Automatic Repair or Startup Repair can help you resolve your concern. This tool is used when you cannot boot your Windows properly. To run Startup Repair, you can go through
    Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now (Under
    Advanced start-up
    ). However, since you cannot enter your Desktop, we suggest you to force fail your computer. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot your computer.
    • While on the logo screen, do a force shutdown by pressing the Start button.
    • Wait until you see "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears. If it doesn't appear, repeat the steps until it do so.
    • After the loading screen, you will have a black screen and another loading screen will appear.

By then, it will now diagnose your computer and will do an Automatic Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jul 18, 2020
  4. dsmith888 Win User

No longer can boot after Windows Update

Can't boot after Creator's Update

I'm not sure what happened but few hours after the update, I could no longer boot the laptop. The displayed message is "reboot and select proper boot device". I am able to enter setup and confirm it is UEFI boot and the hard disk is listed. I am also able to boot from USB and run Kyhi's rescue disk listed elsewhere in this forum. Not sure how to fix this. Your suggestions are appreciated. Here is an image of my disk partitions:

No longer can boot after Windows Update [​IMG]

dsmith888, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

No longer can boot after Windows Update

1. No longer can boot after Windows Update - Similar Threads - longer boot Update

2. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  3. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  4. After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up: A month ago I did an upgrade install from Windows 7 to 10. Everything was working fine for a month. But a couple days ago, Windows installed an update and can no longer boot up.The first thing it does is an error screen with this messageCode:The application or operating...
  5. After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up

After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up: A month ago I did an upgrade install from Windows 7 to 10. Everything was working fine for a month. But a couple days ago, Windows installed an update and can no longer boot up.The first thing it does is an error screen with this messageCode:The application or operating...
  6. After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC no longer boots after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC no longer boots after Update: So 2 days ago I left my PC overnight to install a Windows update, but when I woke up in the morning when I signed in my entire desktop was just black. Attempting to fix this, I went into the advanced options in the boot mode and uninstalled the most recent Windows Update I...
  8. PC no longer boots after Update

PC no longer boots after Update: So 2 days ago I left my PC overnight to install a Windows update, but when I woke up in the morning when I signed in my entire desktop was just black. Attempting to fix this, I went into the advanced options in the boot mode and uninstalled the most recent Windows Update I...
  9. PC no longer boots after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update: I wanted to update to the latest build because a program I was required to run most likely require the latest 10 updates. I closed the lid to let it update overnight. Hours later I restart the system but was met with an error code with cyan background. I don't remember which...