Windows 10: No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot

Discus and support No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When attempting to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot, I receive the error "the selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kell___3, Apr 5, 2021.

1. No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot

When attempting to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot, I receive the error "the selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again." I have not recently changed any hardware, and my drivers are updated. This error started appearing about 2 weeks ago and will not go away. I have been creating a mobile hotspot for years without any issues, don't know why I am getting this error all of a sudden. The 2.4GHz mobile hotspot works fine.

Network adapter: Asus PCE-AC55BT

submitted by /u/Kell___3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kell___3, Apr 5, 2021
  2. SpaceGod Win User

Windows 10 5GHz Mobile Hotspot Option

Hi Richard,

What I am doing is trying to create a 5GHz hotspot on my desktop WiFi card, that does support 5GHz, to my smart tv that also supports 5GHz. The only connection I have going to my router is my desktop through a Ethernet cable. From this theoretical setup,
    everything should work; but the windows mobile hotspot software is not letting me set up a 5GHz hotspot on my desktop.

Thanks.

SpaceGod, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 5GHz Mobile Hotspot Option

Hi,

For us to know if your computer is capable of creating a mobile hotspot with 5 GHz of WiFi frequency, follow the steps below:

• Open the Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Start menu search box.
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command and then press the Enter key:

netsh wlan show drivers

3. Look for the Radio types supported section and provide us a screenshot of it.

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you further.

Lizette Ags, Apr 5, 2021
  4. SC-98 Win User

No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot

Creating Mobile Hotspot

I had been able to make my PC a hotspot using the CMD procedure.

However yesterday, my PC had an update after which a page of Mobile Hotspot can now be seen in the Network and Internet settings. Now my mobile devices never go past the step of 'obtaining IP address'. Also now in the CMD procedure hostednetwork can no longer
    start due to 'a device attached to system is not functioning'

Please help me out.

SC-98, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot

1. No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - longer create 5GHz

2. Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz: I use my pc as a hot spot and for some reason it won't let me use 5g network anymore.my pc still gets the same bandwidth but the the wifi is only 2.4 and when selecting 5g i get the message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again."im...
  3. Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz: Hi, I have an Asus Z690-I motherboard which has an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter, capable of supporting up to Wifi 6E.I would like to set up Mobile hotspot on the 5GHz band for higher throughput to my Oculus Quest 2, but every time I try it, I get the error message: "The selected...
  4. Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz: Hi, I have an Asus Z690-I motherboard which has an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter, capable of supporting up to Wifi 6E.I would like to set up Mobile hotspot on the 5GHz band for higher throughput to my Oculus Quest 2, but every time I try it, I get the error message: "The selected...
  5. windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot: Hi there! So I have a nintendo switch that only works with my internet when connected through hotspot since I can have the hotspot go through the VPN that I use, which in turn allows me to play online with friends on my Switch. However today, when I was switching games and...
  6. windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot: Hi there! So I have a nintendo switch that only works with my internet when connected through hotspot since I can have the hotspot go through the VPN that I use, which in turn allows me to play online with friends on my Switch. However today, when I was switching games and...
  7. Mobile Hotspot Not connecting PC games to servers on 5ghz connection

Mobile Hotspot Not connecting PC games to servers on 5ghz connection: So I have been using my 5ghz mobile hotspot from my phone to play online games such as Modern Warfare and Halo MCC. However in the last 3 days, my mobile hotspot has ceased allowing me to connect only to game servers, everything else works wonderfully such as streaming and...
  8. Creating Mobile Hotspot

Creating Mobile Hotspot: I am wanting to use my mobile internet data on my PC. I understand that to do this I need to create a 'mobile hotspot'. I am using Windows10 and cannot find this setting in my Network Settings tab. I am using a wired WiFi device ie connected to computer via usb cable Is...
  9. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band: Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again." https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006SCL7/5ghz-network-band-isnt-available-select-a-different-band-and-try-again is the support...
  10. UNABLE TO CREATE MOBILE HOTSPOT FROM MOBILE

UNABLE TO CREATE MOBILE HOTSPOT FROM MOBILE: Hello, I am unable to create mobile hotspot from my laptop. it says 'unable to create mobile hotspot'. Any help would be really appreciated. thanks...