Windows 10: No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer

Discus and support No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Two months ago my dual boot (with Linux Mint 19,1) Asus UX461U began to start directly in Linux. The GRUB no longer appeared. From Linux I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JEEVDG, Jun 6, 2019.

1. JEEVDG Win User

No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer

Two months ago my dual boot (with Linux Mint 19,1) Asus UX461U began to start directly in Linux. The GRUB no longer appeared.

From Linux I can see the Windows files and partitions.

How can I create a recovery usb from the recovery partition?

:)

JEEVDG, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Darkleoco Win User

Computer refuses to boot

All of a sudden after opening up my computer to remove one of my ram sticks to check the timings on it after replacing it and powering on from a cold start my computer will not boot and does not show any picture on the screen, it starts up with all of the fans going but then it shuts off after 10-15 seconds, what troubleshooting steps should i take???

*Cry :cry:

Darkleoco, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 6, 2019
  4. No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer

1. No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer - Similar Threads - longer start multi

2. Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots: So, I have 4 OS es multi booted already, namely Win11, Win10, Win8.1, Win7.I'm going to make it a 5 by adding windows vista to it. And I have noticed when Installing a new o perating system, the boot menu and the bootloader changes. I don't want it to change and it should be...
  3. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  4. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  5. Windows 10 multi boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 multi boot: I have a PC setup with 4 partitions and 3 operating system. Using EasyBCD to manage boot menu.1. 500M Boot partition active partition2. 140G Win 7 partition3. 120G Win 10 partition default boot partition4. 140G Win 7 Lab partitionAt time, I can use disk management to set...
  6. Windows 10 multi boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 multi boot: I have a PC setup with 4 partitions and 3 operating system. Using EasyBCD to manage boot menu.1. 500M Boot partition active partition2. 140G Win 7 partition3. 120G Win 10 partition default boot partition4. 140G Win 7 Lab partitionAt time, I can use disk management to set...
  7. Windows 10 multi boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. WIndows 10 in multi-boot machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 in multi-boot machine: I have upgraded my motherboard/CPU/etc. and have Ubuntu with Grub installed on the first partition of an SSD drive. On the second partition I have a dual-boot set up for Windows 10 on the SSD and Windows 7 which was on another physical HD. Since I have completely migrated...
  9. Computer No Longer Boots

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer No Longer Boots: Don’t know what I did, but when I try to start the computer up, I get this error: B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb So I made a recovery USB disk, went to command prompt and tried all suggested bcdedit commands out there. All other repair options on the USB don’t work....
  10. My computer with windows 10 does not boot or start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer with windows 10 does not boot or start: Hello everyone, My computer does not boot and none of the options in advanced options worked for me. It is a Lenovo brand. It says automatic repair at the bottom and then diagnosing your pc after a while. Then it goes to a blue screen that says automatic repair and I have...