Windows 10: No longer can sign in to computer after update

Discus and support No longer can sign in to computer after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I only have on account on my HP computer and i created the password when i first got it years ago never changed it. Now i can no longer log into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sheasmith2, Jul 15, 2019.

1. No longer can sign in to computer after update

I only have on account on my HP computer and i created the password when i first got it years ago never changed it. Now i can no longer log into my computer with it. Its asking for my microsoft account password and i dont even remember it. I never had to use that before it was always my created password through the computer not Microsoft. I cant reset becuz i have something call 2 step verification that i must have set up years ago but i no longer have the phone number for the second step verification. Why is it not letting me use my orignal login password. NEED HELP

:)

Sheasmith2, Jul 15, 2019

2. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 15, 2019
  3. We couldn't sign you in

Hi,

To better assist you with the sign in issue of your Windows account, we would like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you can't sign in to your Windows account, we suggest that you reset your password, check this
    article and follow the steps given.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 15, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

No longer can sign in to computer after update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond No longer can sign in to computer after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

No longer can sign in to computer after update

1. No longer can sign in to computer after update - Similar Threads - longer sign computer

2. Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update: Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-windows-account-i-can-no-longer-sign/b75ab9ec-67ce-400c-a8be-ad1021dc33fd
  3. Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update: Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-windows-account-i-can-no-longer-sign/b75ab9ec-67ce-400c-a8be-ad1021dc33fd
  4. Recover a windows account I can no longer sign into after driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset my PC, but can no longer sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset my PC, but can no longer sign in.: I reset my PC completely, removing all files. I've done this before and have had no problems whatsoever. Yet this time, after trying to sign in after performing a local install I've tried cloud install but it said it failed, I cannot. I recieve the message "The ProfSvc...
  6. after update windows can not sign in

after update windows can not sign in: can not sign in after up date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-windows-can-not-sign-in/7956fe63-fb61-494c-904b-2232b4a026a7
  7. No longer can boot after Windows Update

No longer can boot after Windows Update: For context, I have an Asus ROG. Yesterday, my laptop ran its automatic windows update and I woke up the next morning to see it was stuck at the boot up screen with the asus logo. At first i thought it wasnt complete, went to work, came back and it was on the same screen....
  8. Can no longer log in after recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can no longer log in after recent update: Recently, my PC installed the latest updates, and now I can't log in. When trying the fingerprint scanner it says, "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer." If I try to enter my password, I get the message "The sign-in method...
  9. After an update to my computer, I can not sign in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After an update to my computer, I can not sign in.: I received an update to the BIOS. I did the update, but now it will not let me sign in to the device. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-to-my-computer-i-can-not-sign-in/2594d561-9a33-4531-b1ba-8c3496b2aa02
  10. can not properly sign in to desktop after an update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can not properly sign in to desktop after an update: apple ios cloud update came up; updated; now..... can not sign in properly to my desktop keeps saying sign out and sign in again; reset my Microsoft password....