Windows 10: no longer can view the VB code.

Discus and support no longer can view the VB code. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 Excel 2016 no longer can view the Visual Basic code. I cannot get past this screen; when I choose View and then code nothing happens. [img]... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jalea148, Jul 16, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

no longer can view the VB code.

Windows 10 Excel 2016 no longer can view the Visual Basic code. I cannot get past this screen; when I choose View and then code nothing happens.
    no longer can view the VB code. [​IMG]

:)

jalea148, Jul 16, 2019

2. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Oliver_FF Win User
    Vb 08 Help Needed

I haven't used VB in quite a few years but this is how i remember it:

In code view, looking at code for the current form your working on there are two drop down menu's at the top just above your code. The left one lists all the objects on your form. The right one lists all of the methods/functions/subroutines you can use for the object selected to the left.

So, to write a mouseover event for a button, select Button1 (or whatever you called the button) from the left menu, then look in the right menu for something like OnMouseOver - take a good look there might be something closer to what you really want, i remember there being quite a few of them. Once you've picked it the empty method/function/subroutine should appear in your code window ready for you to type in it.

Oliver_FF, Jul 16, 2019
  4. no longer can view the VB code.

Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

no longer can view the VB code.

1. no longer can view the VB code. - Similar Threads - longer view code

2. vb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  3. vb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  4. task view no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view no longer works: task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-no-longer-works/e1e354d7-e254-4699-9743-4f68e9e505a6
  5. Vb script problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vb script problem: Friends can u help regarding this problem[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb-script-problem/21e62429-450e-4bda-be7d-49a3592325b0
  6. VB

VB: How to inside o visual basic 2019 achieve the horizontal scroll with the mouse wheel. I did it with a modifier key and the mousewheel event but only work when i move the wheel down... HELP, please....
  7. no longer can view the VB code.

in Windows 10 Support
    no longer can view the VB code.: Windows 10 Excel 2016 no longer can view the Visual Basic code. I cannot get past this screen; when I choose View and then code nothing happens. [img] 136731
  8. Can no longer view videos on my computer

Can no longer view videos on my computer: Can no longer view videos om my computer with windows 10 home * Moved from Vista https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-no-longer-view-videos-on-my-computer/e85e1458-7911-4382-977d-12d629b1503c
  9. VB 2008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VB 2008: HO INSTALLATO IL SOFT DI VISUALBASIC 8 (2008) SU WINDOWS 10 X64,ho provato a eseguire una procedura con la cponnessione dati un file di access, quando ho effettuato il debug mi appare l'avviso"si è verificato System.InvalidOperationException Messasggio="il provider...
  10. Can No Longer View Two windows at once

in Windows 10 Support
    Can No Longer View Two windows at once: Until recently, if I wanted to minimize a window or resize it, I only needed to click the tiny square in the upper right corner. I could have two windows open on my desktop at the same time (viewing both and transferring information from one to the other.) I can no longer do...