Windows 10: No longer have an active active administrator account

Discus and support No longer have an active active administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, For reasons I can't understand, my local account on my Windows 10 PC which is not on a domain is no longer a member of the local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GerardO'Neill, Jan 10, 2020.

1. No longer have an active active administrator account

Hi all,

For reasons I can't understand, my local account on my Windows 10 PC which is not on a domain is no longer a member of the local administrators group it definitely used to be. The only account that is a member of the administrators group is the Administrator account, which is disabled.

I therefore can do nothing to manage my own computer.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can enabled the administrator account, or re-enable my own account's administrator access, given that I currently cannot log on with any account that currently has administrator access.

Thanks.

:)

GerardO'Neill, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Frank C Win User

Administrator account - incomplete activation

Hi,
    I tried to activate my Administrator account on a Win 10 HP Envy 700-414.
    I did this because I thought it would help me delete some folders/files from a local network external hard drive.
    These file were created by a Vista machine that I no longer have. I get access denied when I try to delete them. I can not change the owner or the permissions on properties > security
    The attempt to activate the Administrator account went horribly bad.
    It was partially created with only the recycle bin on the desktop. I had to do Ctrl Alt Delete to get back to my regular account. I did not capture the error messages - my mistake - and I can't find them in event Viewer. I don't know what log to search.
    Activation was by dos cmd :
    Net User Administrator/active:yes
    Since it was bad I followed with:
    Net User Administrator/active:no
    The administrator account was not completely deactivated.
    Is there a way that I can undo the mess that I made and get the administrator activated correctly?
    Thanks

Frank C, Jan 10, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Administrator account - incomplete activation

I know it's a little bit late to ask - but why did you feel the need to activate the built-in administrator account? Don't you already have an account set as administrator on the computer? You have to, because, to my knowledge, only an administrator can activate the built-in administrator account unless booted into safe mode where the built-in administrator account will be activated automatically if there is no other account set as administrator on the computer.

The built-in administrator account named administrator has no extra powers or privileges that a user account set as administrator does not have.

NavyLCDR, Jan 10, 2020
  4. No longer have an active active administrator account

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

No longer have an active active administrator account

1. No longer have an active active administrator account - Similar Threads - longer active active

2. BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active: I recently had my computer repaired by HP and when it was returned a BitLocker key had been activated on it, I logged into the different Microsoft accounts I had connected with the computer and none of them came up with the matching ID, so I checked when the ID/key had been...
  3. BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active: I recently had my computer repaired by HP and when it was returned a BitLocker key had been activated on it, I logged into the different Microsoft accounts I had connected with the computer and none of them came up with the matching ID, so I checked when the ID/key had been...
  4. activate administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activate administrator: Hello,i try to activate administrator on my local account but i cant put it when i write the command: net user "Administrator" /active:yes i receive a command: Access is denied.and my Account active is No also my pc have one account how can fix it? i use windows 11 22H2 OS...
  5. re-activate administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    re-activate administrator account: I have been trying to remove the need for administrator verification in order to make changes to the laptop. Specifically, edit the Matlab program file in order to add toolboxes in the same directory directly from the command line use GitBash. I'm using an Dell xps 7590...
  6. active administrator

active administrator: how active administrator???????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-administrator/24f830d5-d809-4490-82d1-c86112c131b7
  7. Activating an Administrator Account in Special Situations

Activating an Administrator Account in Special Situations: While using the existing ms account, the administrator account Administrator was activated with MS account with administrator privileges to delete files by changing the account. After deleting my ms account in Administrator, I created a new local account and deactivated the...
  8. Credentials account is no longer active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials account is no longer active: Outlook is telling me my credentials are out of date, but the account it wants me to logon to is no longer active. How do I change the account? I have deleted it from my Windows accounts, but it still shows up here. Thanks!...
  9. Administrator active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator active: When I will go to turn on administrator then it was shows the: system error 5 has occurred . And Access is denied. This problem if you solved then help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-active/046409fd-dc4f-4e9b-870f-59020c18a161
  10. Administrator account - incomplete activation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account - incomplete activation: Hi, I tried to activate my Administrator account on a Win 10 HP Envy 700-414. I did this because I thought it would help me delete some folders/files from a local network external hard drive. These file were created by a Vista machine that I no longer have. I get access...