Windows 10: No longer receive boot screen from BIOS after updating BIOS to latest ver.

Discus and support No longer receive boot screen from BIOS after updating BIOS to latest ver. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was about 3 releases behind and trying to solve latency issues so I updated to: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3802, 3/15/2018 Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SysopChris, Nov 21, 2020.

1. No longer receive boot screen from BIOS after updating BIOS to latest ver.

I was about 3 releases behind and trying to solve latency issues so I updated to:

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3802, 3/15/2018

Now, I no longer see anything but a blank screen until I get to the boot drive selection screen, then after 20 mins. I get to the logon prompt.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wasn't even sure what category to file this under.

I have tried all the regular keys to enter the BIOS with no input accepted and used a cabled USB keyboard.

I have exported my System Information here as a txt on OneDrive.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvHeoCK1g693suMGS5aG3u1t5-dapQ?e=HnDaxL

System Information report written at: 11/20/20 20:34:51

System Name: ASUSZ170

[System Summary]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name ASUSZ170

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU SKU

Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3504 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3802, 3/15/2018

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product Z170-A

BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Off

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume6

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"

User Name ASUSZ170\sysop

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory RAM 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 8.51 GB

Total Virtual Memory 26.4 GB

Available Virtual Memory 13.4 GB

Page File Space 10.5 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

SysopChris, Nov 21, 2020

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Nov 21, 2020
  3. MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

I don’t think I see an option to do that. I checked both boot and advance settings. On the top shows “aptio setup utility” and I think it’s ver 1.4 since I see it in advance settings. But other than splash screen option, I don’t see it. :/
    Maybe I should update bios if available?

TheRandomBrian, Nov 21, 2020
  4. malware Win User

No longer receive boot screen from BIOS after updating BIOS to latest ver.

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

No longer receive boot screen from BIOS after updating BIOS to latest ver.

1. No longer receive boot screen from BIOS after updating BIOS to latest ver. - Similar Threads - longer receive boot

2. fTPM and blue screen problems after updating BIOS to latest version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fTPM and blue screen problems after updating BIOS to latest version: I did an update on my ASUS X570 Plus BR motherboard BIOS from version 1407 to 5003 in order to install 2x NVMe that I purchase some days ago.Both drives were recognized by the BIOS, however, I noticed that windows 11 Pro 64bit were not able to boot anymore. A blue screen with...
  3. fTPM and blue screen problems after updating BIOS to latest version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fTPM and blue screen problems after updating BIOS to latest version: I did an update on my ASUS X570 Plus BR motherboard BIOS from version 1407 to 5003 in order to install 2x NVMe that I purchase some days ago.Both drives were recognized by the BIOS, however, I noticed that windows 11 Pro 64bit were not able to boot anymore. A blue screen with...
  4. Windows 10 update - no longer boots past Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update - no longer boots past Bios: Hi - my dell xps 8700 recently performed a windows 10 update. unfortunately afterwards, when the computer boots, it hangs indefinitely with the dotted circles. I've tried to repair and all the boot options including safe mode in the recovery menus but they fail to load. same...
  5. Windows 10 update - no longer boots past Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update - no longer boots past Bios: Hi - my dell xps 8700 recently performed a windows 10 update. unfortunately afterwards, when the computer boots, it hangs indefinitely with the dotted circles. I've tried to repair and all the boot options including safe mode in the recovery menus but they fail to load. same...
  6. Windows 10 update - no longer boots past Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Black Screen after upgrade to latest Acer Bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after upgrade to latest Acer Bios: Hi,Can anyone help provide a solution to fix the following issue? I am able to load into safe mode with standard ms video driver. For normal mode of windows / linux ubuntu/kubuntu, I am unable to boot.I've follow the solution given by acer, but none of them are work.I did...
  8. BIOS Access Link After Update to Ver.20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Access Link After Update to Ver.20H2: Greetings, Thursday I ran the update for Ver. 20H2. Today I am trying to access the Mobo's BIOS settings via the Settings>Update & Security>Recovery Tab>Restart Now>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>EUFI Firmware Settings path navigation I have used in years past. What a shocker,...
  9. Laptop not booting after bios update

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not booting after bios update: I did a bios update this morning and since then When I push power My laptop doesnt boot to the first screen and just powers on and off in a loop. Removed the battery power plug and opened up my laptop and removed the cmos battery, waited a few minutes, put everything back...
  10. No bios screen at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No bios screen at boot: After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change. However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor...