Windows 10: No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me?

Discus and support No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since the middle of December (2018) my computer has stopped receiving any Windows Updates aside from Windows Defender definition updates. Even when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bulldog, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Bulldog Win User

No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me?

Since the middle of December (2018) my computer has stopped receiving any Windows Updates aside from Windows Defender definition updates. Even when I sign in to my Administrators account to check for updates, I still cannot receive updates.

Up to this point I have never had any trouble obtaining updates, and I have not made any changes to my computer, neither hardware nor software, nor have I made any changes to my home network setup. I checked that my WiFi adapter is supported on Windows 10.

Here's what I've tried so far to continue receiving updates:

1- Disabled my anti-malware protection before checking for updates.
    2- Ensured that I have no manual proxies, and that my LAN settings were set to 'Automatically detect settings.'
    3- Ran the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    4- Ran the Network Troubleshooter.
    5- Emptied the Software Distribution\Downloads folder.

It would be one thing if I was receiving updates that then failed to install. But I'm not even getting updates in the first place. I'll be grateful for any other suggestions of how to regain the ability to receive updates.

:)

Bulldog, Jan 6, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 6, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Currency Gadget no longer updating

My currency gadget is no longer updating, it says: "Cannot connect to service", now I have the sidebar and gadgets installed from 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 on my windows 8.1 laptop.
    I have tried this: Fix Currency, Stock or Weather Gadgets Not Updating in Windows 7 and Windows Vista

But it does not work because I don't have the folder as in step 5:
    5. Delete the folder named 53eab605-3b97-4da0-8e92-ea49d47af529

Did Microsoft stop completely with this service?

No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me? gadgets-jpg.jpg

Does anyone know another solution to fix this?

P4-630, Jan 6, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me? - Similar Threads - Longer Receiving Updates

2. no longer receiving a code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no longer receiving a code: yesterday i posted a comment talking about how microsoft would only send me 6 digit codes to access my account and now i’m no longer getting any. i think i’m on cooldown because i sent myself codes too many times but i am unsure. is this because they are fixing the issue or...
  3. no longer receiving a code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no longer receiving a code: yesterday i posted a comment talking about how microsoft would only send me 6 digit codes to access my account and now i’m no longer getting any. i think i’m on cooldown because i sent myself codes too many times but i am unsure. is this because they are fixing the issue or...
  4. angry birds 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    angry birds 2: When playing AB2 the arena will not connect to the internet,but everything else is good. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/angry-birds-2/59cf3aff-a481-41f8-9b0f-e76a7015396c
  5. angry birds 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    angry birds 2: How do I recover my game progress for angry birds 2 after I was forced to uninstall and reinstall as It never would let me connect to FB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/angry-birds-2/f09b8da9-4a9f-432d-a948-04589d6da26c
  6. Drives keep spinning up for no reason and it is making me angry.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives keep spinning up for no reason and it is making me angry.: I have been having an ongoing issue of several or all of my hard drives spinning up constantly for just about any action I do. It has been going on since I installed Windows 10 ver 21H1 several months ago and I am worried that these constant spin up and spin down cycles are...
  7. Drives keep spinning up for no reason and it is making me angry.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives keep spinning up for no reason and it is making me angry.: I have been having an ongoing issue of several or all of my hard drives spinning up constantly for just about any action I do. It has been going on since I installed Windows 10 ver 21H1 several months ago and I am worried that these constant spin up and spin down cycles are...
  8. Angry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Angry: Everytime I Update my computer it just Becomes slower and nags and slower. Honestly if this is your response to our dear customers then you shouldn't be selling laptops or software. I've lost serious work and I'm Tired of this happening Time and time again...
  9. Why does this happen? Makes me soo angry :/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this happen? Makes me soo angry :/: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dragey_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7ko9y/why_does_this_happen_makes_me_soo_angry/
  10. Windows 10 makes me REALLY angry!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 makes me REALLY angry!!: I feel such rage inside every time the most basic things don't work in Windows 10. I just can't understand how is that even possible!! I'm trying to uninstall TurboTax 2019 and it did uninstall, except it left some folders. One in: C:/Program Filesx86/Common Files/Intuit...