Windows 10: No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out

Discus and support No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell laptop no longer recognizes when I plug in our pull out the headset. The speakers on the laptop are used instead of the headset. This used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Coder[1], May 8, 2019.

1. Coder[1] Win User

No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out

My Dell laptop no longer recognizes when I plug in our pull out the headset. The speakers on the laptop are used instead of the headset. This used to work until some update from Microsoft. I cannot isolate which "update" caused the issue. The only way I can get my headset to now work is to power cycle my computer and leave the headset plugged in. I have tried reloading the driver to no avail.

It appears the Microsoft updates are progressively destroying the usefulness of my computer. The previous issue still has not been resolved with the laptop screen or the external monitor going blank periodically. These both used to work.

:)

Coder[1], May 8, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out :p

cadaveca, May 8, 2019
  3. JABRA 30 II Headset No Longer Recognized

I am using a JABRA 30 II headset and have been for a few years. I am on Windows 10. Suddenly the device playback no longer works through the headset. It is no longer an option to be selected as a playback device. Meanwhile, the recording (mic) works
    fine and remains an option.

I have the latest firmware for the device according to JABRA. I have rebooted. I have removed the device in CONTROL PANEL -> DEVICES AND PRINTERS and then plugged it in again so it would be recognized. None of this has worked.

KathyWatters, May 8, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

If it has a "TRRS" plug, it will require an adapter for PC's. PC's (most) require TRS type plugs, one for the mic and another for the headset.

Here is an example of a TRRS plug (used with an iPhone and some game consoles such as a PS4).

No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out [​IMG]

Here is an example of a 3.5mm TRS plug

No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out [​IMG]

fireberd, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. No longer recognizes headset plugged in/out - Similar Threads - longer recognizes headset

2. Headset not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not recognized: I have the LucidSound LS35X Headphones. They do not connect to my computer. My computer is a Legion T5 28IMB0. It has the following: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 43B02CAB-6E7E-4341-B14D-6E725CB60FFC...
  3. Headset's mic no longer recognized on my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic no longer recognized on my cpu: My headset's mic works on other devices but on my cpu it no longer works. It recognizes that I plugged it in but when I test the mic nothing happens as if it can't hear anything.I tried updating the drivers and enabling the mic in the security settings, still nothing....
  4. Headset's mic no longer recognized on my cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset's mic no longer recognized on my cpu: My headset's mic works on other devices but on my cpu it no longer works. It recognizes that I plugged it in but when I test the mic nothing happens as if it can't hear anything.I tried updating the drivers and enabling the mic in the security settings, still nothing....
  5. Headset's mic no longer recognized on my cpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 not recognizing when I plug in headset

Windows 10 not recognizing when I plug in headset: Hello, Recently I've been having issues with using headsets, and more specifically microphones, on my laptop. Previously I used just some regular earbuds with a microphone and about five months ago, that worked, people could hear me fine and correctly, but recently it...
  7. Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?

Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?: I don't know if it's because of the updates, or what, but my bluetooth headset's microphone isn't being recognized anymore! What is this? I can't find it no matter what I try... It wont show up, but it has worked before. My computer also didn't want to recognize my headset,...
  8. Headset not being recognized when plugged into laptop

Headset not being recognized when plugged into laptop: I've been having an issue for a couple of weeks now, where I can't seem to get my headset to work properly. Whenever I plug it into my computer, the sound will work fine (audio comes out of the headset instead of the laptop speakers), but the mic doesn't get used (mic on the...
  9. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  10. JABRA 30 II Headset No Longer Recognized

JABRA 30 II Headset No Longer Recognized: I am using a JABRA 30 II headset and have been for a few years. I am on Windows 10. Suddenly the device playback no longer works through the headset. It is no longer an option to be selected as a playback device. Meanwhile, the recording (mic) works fine and remains an...