Windows 10: No longer see monitor speakers as playback device option

Discus and support No longer see monitor speakers as playback device option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,Connected my laptop to an external monitor through HDMI cable. In the last couple of days, I noticed I can no longer see the monitor's speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Entrigus, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Entrigus Win User

No longer see monitor speakers as playback device option

Hi,Connected my laptop to an external monitor through HDMI cable. In the last couple of days, I noticed I can no longer see the monitor's speakers under playback option.Opened device manager but again, they are not there Conexant in image below are my laptop speakers. Nothing changed in the setup or connection compared to when I could see them... Any advice?

:)

Entrigus, Jun 4, 2021
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Jun 4, 2021
  4. jh_kk Win User

No speaker option in sound playback

I have been unable to get sound through my speakers. My monitor does not have sound so I rely on the speakers for this. I have no speaker option in the sound playback window. The only option there is Intel(R) Display Audio. It also says jack information,
    which is HDMI Digital Jack and that's no good for me as my monitor has no speakers.

Is there a way of adding the speaker option so I can use them again.

Thanks

jh_kk, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. No longer see monitor speakers as playback device option - Similar Threads - longer monitor speakers

2. Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...: BackgroundI bought a "generic brand" mini PC off Amazon last week image 1. I booted it up as it was to test it, and audio came through the monitor speakers just fine. Seeing that the mini PC actually works, I decided to wipe everything off the eMMC boot drive and install a...
  3. Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...: BackgroundI bought a "generic brand" mini PC off Amazon last week image 1. I booted it up as it was to test it, and audio came through the monitor speakers just fine. Seeing that the mini PC actually works, I decided to wipe everything off the eMMC boot drive and install a...
  4. Monitor speakers are no longer recognized in playback devices after reinstalling Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  6. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  7. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

8. External monitor speakers not showing under "playback devices" on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor speakers not showing under "playback devices" on PC: Hi,Using an external Monitor connected to my laptop. In the ;ast week, I noticed the monitor speakers no longer appear as an option under "playback devices" - see below ISST being my laptop speakers and external speakers connected to the headphone port.Any idea how to bring...
  9. Bluetooth Speaker not recognizing as playback option.

Bluetooth Speaker not recognizing as playback option.: Hi there! I am using Taotronics Soundbar TT-SK15 to connect to my Laptop Asus Tuf FX504GM via bluetooth. Both devices are pairing successfully and shows me headphone icon for Soundbar attached snap of it. When I am playing a music or video files, no sound is playing from...
  10. No speaker option in sound playback

No speaker option in sound playback: I have been unable to get sound through my speakers. My monitor does not have sound so I rely on the speakers for this. I have no speaker option in the sound playback window. The only option there is IntelR Display Audio. It also says jack information, which is HDMI Digital...