Windows 10: No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049

Discus and support No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can no longer see my Network Attached Storage in this build(10049) Enterprise. I have Network Discovery enabled and can get to the device by IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkyNet3, Apr 8, 2015.

1. SkyNet3 Win User

No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049

I can no longer see my Network Attached Storage in this build(10049) Enterprise. I have Network Discovery enabled and can get to the device by IP Address in a browser but am unable to map a drive to any share. Anyone else having these issues. I have Windows Credentials setup properly(at least it worked in previous builds) lol.

:)

SkyNet3, Apr 8, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Network Attached Storage

Has anyone else noticed if you select the properties of an item on the NAS then the Size on disk is more than it should be. If I do the same on a folder on an internal drive then the Size on disk is as normal.

No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049 [​IMG]

The NAS is configured with two 1TB drives as RAID1 so I don't see how the Size on disk can be correct.

neilpzz, Apr 8, 2015
  3. Nas drive 0x80070035 issue

Hi Ben,

It looks like you've lost connection with your Network Attached Storage. This may be caused by restrictions in the PC's firewall or possible that the network path can no longer be found. For us to sort this out, we would like to ask a few more information
    regarding this problem.

• How was your Network Attached Storage connected?
    • To which device is it connected?
    • How do you access it?
    • Have you tried remapping the drive on your computer?
    • What firewall is installed on that specific computer?

We look forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 8, 2015
  4. linw Win User

I'm in the same boat. Mine disappeared on 10049 after the 10th of April. No idea why.

5. SkyNet3 Win User
    You can get to it by IP address to be able to map a drive but that still doesn't fix what Microsoft has once again broke!

SkyNet3, Apr 14, 2015
  6. fixit038 Win User
    My issue's the same only it started with 10041 update (haven't done a clean install). re-did all the 'share' things to no avail. Have got 10 pc's with Win7, Win 8, Win 10 10041 and 10049. Win 10 can see rest but can't access - consistently - and then only the Public shares.

fixit038, Apr 14, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    I fixed mine by clean installing 10041 and then upgraded immediately to 10049.

badrobot, Apr 14, 2015
  8. SkyNet3 Win User

I have done clean installs of 10049 and 10056 and both are not able to see the NAS

SkyNet3, Apr 14, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    10056 will definitely not see it. 10056 is a leaked ISO upgraded from 10051 (because of the windows.old folder in it). I also clean installed 10049 from ISO I created with no success (there is no official ISO for 10049).
    But the clean install of 10041 (official ISO) upgraded (online) to 10049 fixed it.

Here's the proof (it even sees my Rapsberry Pi *Biggrin ):

No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049 [​IMG]

Bottom line, you need clean installs from clean ISO. Not upgraded or leaked ISO. Why? That's how it worked for me.

badrobot, Apr 14, 2015
  10. SkyNet3 Win User
    Thanks BADROBOT. MS needs to put out something new soon hopefully..

SkyNet3, Apr 14, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    No problem. It's been my motto here for the longest time. If something doesn't work right, clean install (from clean ISO) will always fix it (at least 99% of the time... *Biggrin ).

badrobot, Apr 14, 2015
  12. SkyNet3 Win User
    I am using the same type of NAS linw. WD MyBookLive (white one with blue light)

SkyNet3, Apr 15, 2015
  13. linw Win User

Snap! Except mine is black.

I'm hoping we get another build soon that corrects this problem. Seems like 10056 has the same problem.

Hard to figure out what is different with the NAS. Maybe its Linux OS?? Stupid thing is that this 10049 was accessing it up to 10 Apr. Can't figure out what changed at that time.

14. SkyNet3 Win User
    I wonder if a patch came out the day yours stopped working.

SkyNet3, Apr 15, 2015
  15. linw Win User
    The March updates (2) went through on the 9th so they shouldn't have been the problem as the backup on the 10th was OK. The other updates were just Defender ones.

Just did a system restore back to the 7th and, bingo, all shares pop up incl the NAS! Should have thought of this sooner.

Guess I just wait to see if the problem resurfaces.

Good result - backups immediately sprang into life!

Thema:

1. No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049 - Similar Threads - longer Network Attached

2. Windows 8.1 Network Attached Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Network Attached Storage: I've attached a WD My Book as a NAS to my Lynksys router, which connects with SMB1 to Windows 10 on another computer. Can I attach the same NAS to a Win 8.1 laptop? The 8.1 laptop can see the connection in the Network Infrastructure dialog. Adding a device to the Network does...
  3. Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,Image: ERROR for a fingerprint encrypted file TOFP why can't I transfer this file is this a standard finger print encrypted file? It would still be encrypted my fingerprint does not changeI wanted to talk about NAS systems, and...
  4. Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I wanted to talk about NAS systems, and bitlocker issues, One must decrypt bitlocker files to store them in the NAS as it is outside the system. However the main issues is we are forced to select yes for all the folders that are being...
  5. Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I wanted to talk about NAS systems, and bitlocker issues, One must decrypt bitlocker files to store them in the NAS as it is outside the system. However the main issues is we are forced to select yes for all the folders that are being...
  6. Network Attached Storage Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Attached Storage Connections: I have recently installed a new computer at our church with Windows 10 Pro. We have a local network attached storage WD MyCloud DL2100 and it can be reached by any 'local' account on the other computers. However, when a computer is logged onto the Windows365 account,...
  7. Cannot see network-attached storage on some computers

Cannot see network-attached storage on some computers: We have a home network with 5 computers and a network-storage device. Until recently all was working fine, all computers could see the NAS and map it to a drive letter. Suddenly 3 of the computers cannot see the NAS at all, either as a mapped drive or by its native name. The...
  8. Network attached storage (NAS)

Network attached storage (NAS): I have a D-Link DNS-325 NAS and now I can not see the disk in file explorer. I have tried several solutions but nothing works. This NAS is where I do all my backups plus store all of my photos and videos. I know the NAS is working as I did a backup today and all went fine....
  9. Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations

Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations: From another thread I posted about accessing the c$ on computers on my network, an idea formed. What if I just had a NAS setup, then any computer on my network (including visitors to the house), can access data. Now I am looking for suggestions on a decent NAS, with network...
  10. Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations: From another thread I posted about accessing the c$ on computers on my network, an idea formed. What if I just had a NAS setup, then any computer on my network (including visitors to the house), can access data. Now I am looking for suggestions on a decent NAS, with network...