Windows 10: No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is...

Discus and support No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is NOW Gone. I am not talking about the task bar, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Noelle Cardello TeknoDiva, Aug 5, 2020.

1. No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is...

No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is NOW Gone.

I am not talking about the task bar, I am talking about the icons that are located where the Wifi, and MS Security Icons are located.

I used Proton VPN, and this WAS working, up until today. I have tried every setting and I know it is on, because I have to click on the VPN ICON to check it, but this is inconvenient.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. OR, HOW TO CONFIGURE IT TO SHOW UP THERE AGAIN...???

PLEASE HELP!

:)

Noelle Cardello TeknoDiva, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Katy Jao Win User

Display VPN connection status?

I am using Windows 10, before the latest update I would get separate icon in the tray area to show my VPN network connections. This allowed me to guess whether my VPN to work was connected or not
    by a glance at the tray. In the latest version of Windows 10, the WiFi icon remains the same after connected to the
    VPN network and there is no immediate difference between the LAN or the LAN
    + VPN being connected. To view this I need to mouse over the network icon, where I can then see the status of all connections.

Is there some way that the status of a VPN connection can be made visible without a mouse over in the tray or as a widget on the desktop?

Thanks

- Katy

Katy Jao, Aug 5, 2020
  3. NickC_121 Win User
    Windowsphone ver 10 - VPN padlock icon not displaying above wifi status icon when connected and sending data.

Hi,

Just setup a VPN on my partners windows 10 phone and although the VPN appears to be working because it shows as connected in vpn settings and the notification window there is no padlock icon above the wifi status indicator when sending/receiving data. Is
    there some other setting in windows 10 I am missing to make it show that. Tried resetting/reconnecting the VPN, rebooting the phone etc several times without success to get the padlock icon to show. The VPN padlock shows above the wifi status indicator on
    my windows 8 phone ok. Any suggestions please?

Thx.

Nick....

NickC_121, Aug 5, 2020
  4. tomhollow Win User

No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is...

Wifi status no longer shows bytes sent received after update

After major update to Windows 10, I can no longer find the wifi status window which shows bytes sent and received.
    Thanks for any assistance.

tomhollow, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is...

1. No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is... - Similar Threads - Longer Show VPN

2. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  3. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  4. WiFi status shows as disconnected when actually is connected

WiFi status shows as disconnected when actually is connected: The WiFi status shows as disconnected even when I am already connected to a WiFi, I can access to all websites, however some windos app such as Outlook, or PWA like WhatsApp, Instagram, etc will mistakenly assume that I am not connected, hence not functioning properly. Any...
  5. WiFi status shows as disconnected when actually is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi status shows as disconnected when actually is connected: The WiFi status shows as disconnected even when I am already connected to a WiFi, I can access to all websites, however some windos app such as Outlook, or PWA like WhatsApp, Instagram, etc will mistakenly assume that I am not connected, hence not functioning properly. Any...
  6. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  7. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  8. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Software to display VPN connection status on the taskbar?

Software to display VPN connection status on the taskbar?: Hi guys, I have found that there's no default way in Windows of checking a vpn connection status at a glance. I run NordVPN and I don't know whether this connection is up or down at any particular time. At times, I have thought it's running to then find that the internet...
  10. windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected

windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected: sometimes it shows "logging in" but i am already connected. rarely does it show "connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-connection-status-shows-connecting/9270b003-9e6e-4d33-89a0-0dd7a7ccb7f8