Windows 10: No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop

Discus and support No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all I've been having a frustrated weekend about my laptop not booting and using every possible Windows option to recover it. It all started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FabioMZW, Oct 20, 2018.

1. FabioMZW Win User

No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop

Hi all

I've been having a frustrated weekend about my laptop not booting and using every possible Windows option to recover it.

It all started yesterday when i turn my laptop on but after shwoing the Asus logo it just stays in a black screen with white dots animating forever.

So, trying to use the tools to recover none of them seem to work. Here is what i did so far.

- Run chkdsk

- Run sfd

- Did a system restore but to no avail

- Used the Restore this PC function, but it gave the error that it couldn't continue and the laptop would restart. I even tried both options of keeping my files or not but the error was the same.

- Used the correct problems on boot but also didn't solve the issue.

- The last solution was to create a media creation tool in a Pen drive from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 , inserted it on the laptop but it doesn't boot from it no matter if i disable Fast Boot, or if i change USB ports or if i choose the option Recover from a drive.

WIth so many solutions and none of them working i guess i will have to send it back to Asus for a RMA and wait for another month away from my working laptop. How frustrating this can be?

Is there any other solution i should try?

Thanks for your help.

:)

FabioMZW, Oct 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 20, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Oct 20, 2018
  4. No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop

1. No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop - Similar Threads - matter can't boot

2. Can't connect my laptop to Bluetooth no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect my laptop to Bluetooth no matter what I do.: I have a Windows 7 32bit system. I never used Bluetooth on this laptop before. Recently I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop. It successfully found the headphones and there isn't any error, it literally says that the device should be working. When I use the...
  3. Can't connect my laptop to Bluetooth no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect my laptop to Bluetooth no matter what I do.: I have a Windows 7 32bit system. I never used Bluetooth on this laptop before. Recently I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop. It successfully found the headphones and there isn't any error, it literally says that the device should be working. When I use the...
  4. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do: Hello, i just came back from a family road trip when this happened, My laptop gave me a secure boot violation, after fixing that small problem it just boots me into bios now, ive tried restarting, enabling CSM launcher, and changing boot priority but nothing absolutely works,...
  5. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do: Hello, i just came back from a family road trip when this happened, My laptop gave me a secure boot violation, after fixing that small problem it just boots me into bios now, ive tried restarting, enabling CSM launcher, and changing boot priority but nothing absolutely works,...
  6. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  8. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...
  9. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine then. OS automatically upgraded itself to Fall CU. No activation issues. Upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit via Media...
  10. Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do: what happened was that i set my computer to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu which i've done a million times btw so i can almost do it with my eyes closed, lol anyways, my issue is that now, i can't load the UEFI settings and even worse than that, i can't boot anything through...