Windows 10: No matter what I do, none of my microphones will come through.

Discus and support No matter what I do, none of my microphones will come through. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just yesterday everything was going fine, I have a laptop and now NO microphones will work, not even the base array. I can't respond in school and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesGrantMH, Mar 15, 2021.

1. No matter what I do, none of my microphones will come through.

Just yesterday everything was going fine, I have a laptop and now NO microphones will work, not even the base array. I can't respond in school and I can't communicate with my friends, what's going on?

:)

JamesGrantMH, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2021
  4. No matter what I do, none of my microphones will come through.

Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

No matter what I do, none of my microphones will come through.

1. No matter what I do, none of my microphones will come through. - Similar Threads - matter none microphones

2. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not working no matter what i try.: I own a corsair hs55 surround gaming headset, and a while ago, the microphone just broke. Not the headset itself, ive tried it on my laptop and it works completely fine, but on my PC windows 10, it doesnt work at all. Ive tried the front and back port, ive tried using a...
  3. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone is not working no matter what i try.: I own a corsair hs55 surround gaming headset, and a while ago, the microphone just broke. Not the headset itself, ive tried it on my laptop and it works completely fine, but on my PC windows 10, it doesnt work at all. Ive tried the front and back port, ive tried using a...
  4. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My microphone is not working no matter what I do.what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not working no matter what I do.what do I do?: I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you with a pressing concern regarding my computer's microphone and camera functionality.I have diligently attempted various troubleshooting steps, including adjusting sound levels and disabling/enabling the microphone,...
  6. My microphone is not working no matter what I do.what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone is not working no matter what I do.what do I do?: I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you with a pressing concern regarding my computer's microphone and camera functionality.I have diligently attempted various troubleshooting steps, including adjusting sound levels and disabling/enabling the microphone,...
  7. My microphone is not working no matter what I do.what do I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microphone not working no matter what

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working no matter what: Hello, I have not used my mic built-in in a laptop in a while now 1 week possibly, and now when I actually want to use it I just can't. It no longer works at all. The device is shown in the sound control and is set to default. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and even...
  9. No sound comes through the microphone on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound comes through the microphone on my laptop.: I have a Dell G3 15 3590 I have gone on to the sound control panel, set Headphones, RealtekR Audio to the default device for playback, I have also set Microphone, RealtekR Audio to the default device for recording. I have made sure they are both enabled, turned the...
  10. Desktop audio coming through my microphone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop audio coming through my microphone.: Hello there, My desktop audio keeps playing through my microphone when I'm in a call on Discord or Skype. It even does so when I'm not sharing my screen. How do I prevent this from happening?. I found some tutorials online, but that didn't work out well. When I right-click...