Windows 10: No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin

Discus and support No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This seems to be a very specific issue and I’m not sure anyone will be able to help, but I’ve tried god damn everything and nothing is working, so I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UserNX, Jul 30, 2020.

1. /u/UserNX Win User

No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin

This seems to be a very specific issue and I’m not sure anyone will be able to help, but I’ve tried god damn everything and nothing is working, so I’ve come to my last line of help, Reddit. here is my issue I can NOT delete this fucking recycle bin and I’m constantly given a message that it is corrupted. I’ve tried deleting the Recycle Bin through the command prompt (rd /s /q D:\$Recycle. bin). I’ve given myself full permission in the security tab of the properties. I have absolutely no idea what the fuck else to do. The only thing I can think is to back up my shit and format the hard drive. I really don’t wanna do that but i wont stop getting that god damn error message. Like I said, probably super specific, but please ANY help, any advice, anything would help me so much, and atleast make me feel a lot less alone

submitted by /u/UserNX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UserNX, Jul 30, 2020

2. Recycle Bin gone

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the help article below to show the recycle bin in the desktop and check if it helps.

Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Cwedin Win User
    Recycle Bin

Hi, Scout-86.

Bare with me. I'm only a student in Information Technology. I believe the recycle bin might be corrupted, causing it to vanish from the desktop completely.

Try one of these two fixes and see if helps.

Solution 1:

• Step 1: Select Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings.
    • Step 2: Make sure the checkbox for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.

Solution 2:

• Step 1 Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Step 2 Type the command rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press enter.
    • Step 3 Type exit to close the Command Prompt window

I hope this helps!

(This comes from [Fixed] Can't Find or Open Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS)

Cwedin, Jul 30, 2020
  4. No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin

1. No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin - Similar Threads - matter try delete

2. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin deleted my files: I selected the files in the recycle bin, and pressed restore. Now they are gone. Where are my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-deleted-my-files/ed159ac7-5ea3-4f4b-832b-b399da342e5a
  3. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin deleted my files: I selected the files in the recycle bin, and pressed restore. Now they are gone. Where are my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-deleted-my-files/ed159ac7-5ea3-4f4b-832b-b399da342e5a
  4. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have a file in my recycle bin I want to delete that file permanently but I can not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a file in my recycle bin I want to delete that file permanently but I can not: When I delete other things and click on empty recycle bin it dont delete the things ı deleted but I can get in recycle bin and delete the things manualy.When I try to redownload the file file give this error: Error 0x80070570...
  6. I have a file in my recycle bin I want to delete that file permanently but I can not

I have a file in my recycle bin I want to delete that file permanently but I can not: When I delete other things and click on empty recycle bin it dont delete the things ı deleted but I can get in recycle bin and delete the things manualy.When I try to redownload the file file give this error: Error 0x80070570...
  7. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  8. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  9. Recycle bin deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin deleted: Hello I accidentally deleted the recycle bin shortcut. Is regere a way to get it back? Please help me submitted by /u/Computer-dude123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnpwjv/recycle_bin_deleted/
  10. Deleted OneDrive recycle bin, can I get it back?

Deleted OneDrive recycle bin, can I get it back?: So... I deleted my recycle bin and I was trying to do the "restore your onedrive" but whenever I click on it it just directs me to the website help page for restoring my one drive. Why is that? I do no thave OneDrive Buisness. So all this google stuff I've been finding about...