Windows 10: No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

Discus and support No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, this problem has been draining my sanity for a long time. My working laptop goes to lock screen/ black screen every time Im idle for longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vaestor, Jan 28, 2020.

1. No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

Hey guys,

this problem has been draining my sanity for a long time. My working laptop goes to lock screen/ black screen every time Im idle for longer than 1 or 2 minutes.. the problem is.. That everything in POWER SETTINGS, REGISTRY and SCREEN SAVING is set to NEVER. Ive even tried 999 mins and no luck.

Please, do any of you know what could cause this?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Vaestor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vaestor, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Freeze69 Win User

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion.

many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!

Freeze69, Jan 28, 2020
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 28, 2020
  4. No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

Windows 10 Lock Screen backround turns black

Hi Keilth,

To resolve your issue with your devices lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Lock screen.
    • On the drop-down option, select Picture.
    • Choose a picture you want to show on your lock screen.
    • Restart your device.
    • Then repeat step 1 and step 2.
    • Now on the drop-down, switch it back to Windows spotlight.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

1. No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins. - Similar Threads - matter settings goes

2. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  3. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  4. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  5. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  6. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins

My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins: I don't know why but in the last 2 days my PC has been repeatedly locking itself like I have some sleep or hibernate function on. I have every single one of them turned off. I even went into the registry to find a hidden one and turned that one off. It's still doing this and...
  8. Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min: Hi community and microsoft,i have a big problem. I turn on my computer,i login and after 1-2 min,my computer auto shutdown,but before that i get bluescreen “LOCKING” message.I turn on and after 1 min is happend the same thing.I try to create a short task for shutdown and to...
  9. Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!

Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!: Hi. I'm running an oficial W10 Pro on a 2 year old Acer and have two problems. If I turn my back for more that about 2 minutes, to answer phone or fetch a brew.....or just write something, my screen reverts to the lock screen and requires a PIN to open up again. This is...
  10. Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?: I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion. many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!...