Windows 10: No May Update for me?

Discus and support No May Update for me? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to get my HP Pavilion 15-cs3003 purchased at the end of January 2020 to update from 1909 to 2004. I updated to 1909 without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlannaR, Jul 19, 2020.

1. AlannaR Win User

No May Update for me?

I have been trying to get my HP Pavilion 15-cs3003 purchased at the end of January 2020 to update from 1909 to 2004. I updated to 1909 without any trouble at all. I see my laptop listed as 15-cs3xxx is in the list of compatible devices on HP's website https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05195282. I have checked for the update with the Windows update center but the feature update doesn't show up. I tried installing the update through the Update Assistant https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 but it resulted in a blue screen which the computer corrected and uninstalled what had been installed. Why am I having so much trouble updating a 6 month old laptop?! Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

AlannaR, Jul 19, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 19, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond No May Update for me? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

No May Update for me?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

No May Update for me?

1. No May Update for me? - Similar Threads - May Update

2. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  3. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  4. My laptop gets a Kmode exception error caused by windows 11 22h2 update, why may this be?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop gets a Kmode exception error caused by windows 11 22h2 update, why may this be?: My laptop which is only a year old and had Windows 11 already installed is trying to do the windows 11 22h2 update. It keeps getting to about 8% then blue screen of death occurs with the error "kmode_exception_not_handled" what can be the cause of this? All of my drivers are...
  5. My laptop gets a Kmode exception error caused by windows 11 22h2 update, why may this be?

My laptop gets a Kmode exception error caused by windows 11 22h2 update, why may this be?: My laptop which is only a year old and had Windows 11 already installed is trying to do the windows 11 22h2 update. It keeps getting to about 8% then blue screen of death occurs with the error "kmode_exception_not_handled" what can be the cause of this? All of my drivers are...
  6. Updated BIOS, and Credential Guard MAY not be running anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated BIOS, and Credential Guard MAY not be running anymore: I am running a latest Gigabyte motherboard, using an entirely new 1-year-old PC, and I had Credential Guard running perfectly well using Win11 Pro 22H2 and set it up perfectly in the Group Policy and it listed itself as running everywhere, and then I updated the motherboard's...
  7. Updated BIOS, and Credential Guard MAY not be running anymore

Updated BIOS, and Credential Guard MAY not be running anymore: I am running a latest Gigabyte motherboard, using an entirely new 1-year-old PC, and I had Credential Guard running perfectly well using Win11 Pro 22H2 and set it up perfectly in the Group Policy and it listed itself as running everywhere, and then I updated the motherboard's...
  8. Windows Update may have automaticlly replace your AMD graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update may have automaticlly replace your AMD graphics drivers: my pc is new from two monthswhen i enter to amd adrenaline application it shows me ''windows update may have automaticlly replace your amd graphics drivers'' and when i watch videos at fullscreen mode it does a screen flickering from the bottom of the screenwhat should i do...
  9. Windows Update may have automaticlly replace your AMD graphics drivers

Windows Update may have automaticlly replace your AMD graphics drivers: my pc is new from two monthswhen i enter to amd adrenaline application it shows me ''windows update may have automaticlly replace your amd graphics drivers'' and when i watch videos at fullscreen mode it does a screen flickering from the bottom of the screenwhat should i do...
  10. Windows Update may have automaticlly replace your AMD graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade