Windows 10: No media present error on start up

Discus and support No media present error on start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On start up on my HP Pavilion all in one (Windows 10) I often get "Checking for media / No media present" ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wilsor1, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Wilsor1 Win User

No media present error on start up

On start up on my HP Pavilion all in one (Windows 10) I often get "Checking for media / No media present" ?

:)

Wilsor1, Mar 15, 2019

2. Upgraded to Windows 10, but cannot find Media Player

Hi Ron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "no sign of Windows Media Player", are you referring to default Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center?

If you are referring to Windows Media Player, then I recommend you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if Media Player is still present in the computer or not.

1. Click on Start Menu and check if Antivirus application is visible in the Start Menu or not.

2. If not, then click on All apps.

3. Search for the applications.

Step 2: I recommend you to search for Windows Media Player through Search bar.

1. Click on Search bar which is present next to the
    Start Menu

2. Then type "Windows Media Player" without the quotes in the Search bar and try to open it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with finding Windows Media Player, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Media Player stops and starts at random

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• Do you get an error message when it stops?
    • Is it only happening when using Windows Media Player and Groove Music?
    If yes, we suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and Windows Media Player Settings Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps to troubleshoot Windows Store Apps and click
      Windows Media Player Settings to troubleshoot Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Mar 15, 2019
  4. No media present error on start up

Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

No media present error on start up

1. No media present error on start up - Similar Threads - media present error

2. Network media is not present, how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network media is not present, how to fix it?: i just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15iah7 type 82s9, the first using i cannot initiate the windows it shows me the message "network media is not present, retry media connection for 1 time" from my research i need to change the priority boot but i dont know how....
  3. Network media is not present, how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network media is not present, how to fix it?: i just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15iah7 type 82s9, the first using i cannot initiate the windows it shows me the message "network media is not present, retry media connection for 1 time" from my research i need to change the priority boot but i dont know how....
  4. "Media not present"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Media not present": is it normal to display that in new pcs or laptops that dont have an os or is it a problem with the device and should return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-not-present/446773f8-166f-41dd-a335-20aa01463cd6
  5. "Media not present"

"Media not present": is it normal to display that in new pcs or laptops that dont have an os or is it a problem with the device and should return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-not-present/446773f8-166f-41dd-a335-20aa01463cd6
  6. "Media not present"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Wimdows loading logo present for 20~ seconds on start up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wimdows loading logo present for 20~ seconds on start up.: I recently changed CPU and motherboard. After which I performed a clean install of Windows 10 and it all seemed to go well. However, for some reason whenever I boot up my pc or restart it, the Windows symbol as well as the orbiting dots appear on the screen and remain there...
  8. No Media Present but Drives Boot Fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Media Present but Drives Boot Fine?: I recently installed a new SSD because my previous one was faulty. However now everytime on startup I get the 'Checking for media... No media present' messages. My drives boot fine and my PC is also running fine I'm just wondering why I get them messages? Could it be to do...
  9. The newtwork is not present or not started

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The newtwork is not present or not started: Hi, One of the user can not access any server on the network suddenly and getting error message. The network is not present or not started. Machine was fine in morning and user just went for lunch and after that issue accrued. After that if I login with another user still...
  10. Windows Media Player - Media Guide Not Present?

Windows Media Player - Media Guide Not Present?: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop and then upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the updater. I have Windows Media Player as a Tile when I press the start menu and this App opens and plays my music in the same way as previously. However, I also wish to...