Windows 10: No media status disk management

Discus and support No media status disk management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pen drive is not detected in explorer. So, I opened disk manager to check the issue where I found the disk status to be no media. I even tried it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YeswanthPeddi, Sep 19, 2019.

1. No media status disk management

My pen drive is not detected in explorer. So, I opened disk manager to check the issue where I found the disk status to be no media. I even tried it on a different computer but still didn't work. Even tried it on linux and got the same. But when I try to detect it with some recovery tool, I am able to see the storage but not able to access it. Can someone help me with this. No media status disk management 7e16adb1-3098-4f46-999b-e19973a00f96?upload=true.png

:)

YeswanthPeddi, Sep 19, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue No media status disk management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 19, 2019
  4. No media status disk management

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

No media status disk management

1. No media status disk management - Similar Threads - media status disk

2. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pen drive no media showing in disk management: Sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 3996 Pendrive Showing No Media in disk management & no open in this pc,i am send screenshotplease help me....
  3. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pen drive no media showing in disk management: Sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 3996 Pendrive Showing No Media in disk management & no open in this pc,i am send screenshotplease help me....
  4. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. removable drive disk management no media error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removable drive disk management no media error: hi,I plugged in my USB device and got an error message: removable drive disk management no media. No such issues before. What can I do to fix it? Device manager can detect my drive....
  6. removable drive disk management no media error

removable drive disk management no media error: hi,I plugged in my USB device and got an error message: removable drive disk management no media. No such issues before. What can I do to fix it? Device manager can detect my drive....
  7. How to add disk to a drive that says "No Media" in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add disk to a drive that says "No Media" in Disk Management: I want to add a disk to my removable drive but it always tells me to add a disk to it. I really need it since I still need to format the said drive and it won't allow me to do so...
  8. How to add disk to a drive that says "No Media" in Disk Management

How to add disk to a drive that says "No Media" in Disk Management: I want to add a disk to my removable drive but it always tells me to add a disk to it. I really need it since I still need to format the said drive and it won't allow me to do so...
  9. How to add disk to a drive that says "No Media" in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart: Hi, After installing a new copy of windows 10 in my PC, and after checking disk management then diskpart command I found that there is many disks appear saying removable no media as per the screenshot below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Why these disks appear, and what it's used...