Windows 10: No Menu key on laptop

Discus and support No Menu key on laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I just got a new laptop. I love it so far, other than one thing: its keyboard lacks the Menu key. I used to use it a lot with my old one, it's very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigDickEnterprise, Dec 12, 2020.

1. No Menu key on laptop

Hi! I just got a new laptop. I love it so far, other than one thing: its keyboard lacks the Menu key. I used to use it a lot with my old one, it's very convenient.

Is there a way to somehow simulate its functionality? There is Shift+F10, but it's a very tricky combination to press with one hand. I could also sacrifice the right Ctrl with SharpKeys, but I use that one too. I would love if I could make it, say, a key combination, e.g. Right Shift+Right Ctrl or something. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/BigDickEnterprise
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigDickEnterprise, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 12, 2020
  4. No Menu key on laptop

Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

No Menu key on laptop

1. No Menu key on laptop - Similar Threads - Menu key laptop

2. using keys on selection menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using keys on selection menu: i use phone link in windows 10 when making a call sometimes you have to make a selection with typing a key : 1 for english 2 for dutch ..these key strokes from windows are possible to type but not accepted by listener is there a setting for this or is this not possible ?Guy...
  3. using keys on selection menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using keys on selection menu: i use phone link in windows 10 when making a call sometimes you have to make a selection with typing a key : 1 for english 2 for dutch ..these key strokes from windows are possible to type but not accepted by listener is there a setting for this or is this not possible ?Guy...
  4. The context menu lacks access keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The context menu lacks access keys: The new context menu lacks the access key feature, the underlined letters or letters in parentheses in non-Latin languages, which had existed from Windows 2.0! The access keys allow you quickly select the menu item by press the letter. For example, press R to open Properties...
  5. The context menu lacks access keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The context menu lacks access keys: The new context menu lacks the access key feature, the underlined letters or letters in parentheses in non-Latin languages, which had existed from Windows 2.0! The access keys allow you quickly select the menu item by press the letter. For example, press R to open Properties...
  6. Windows Key / Start menu(?) Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Key / Start menu(?) Problem: Currently having an issue that causes the windows menu to close after opening immediately. I also can not right click any applications in the task bar. A white box sometimes appears as if I'm pressing tab, but I have unplugged my mouse / keyboard separately to see if either...
  7. CONTEXT MENU LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    CONTEXT MENU LAPTOP: hey admin tried lot of times and i followed every stuffs on this page but i get this error ... THE MODULE igfxpph.dll failed to load. MAKE SURE THE BINARY IS STORED AT THE SPECIFIED PATH OR DEBUG IT TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE BINARY OR DEPENDENT .DLL FILES THE SPECIFIED...
  8. press the escape key for startup menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    press the escape key for startup menu: press the escape key for startup menu has no effect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/press-the-escape-key-for-startup-menu/206e6777-a48f-4965-9ca9-a8e715f58676
  9. Menu Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Menu Key: Where is the Menu key located, how does it look like, what is it used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-key/aec6d836-1302-4cd7-9a20-12e20ac9be9f
  10. how to disable the Menu key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable the Menu key: Could you show us how to disable the Menu key (the one next to the Windows key)? Thank you! 91535