Windows 10: No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning.

Discus and support No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've been using multiple webmail connections through a browser for years and finally took the plunge to activate all 5 email services using Outlook... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by W10 Tweaker, Aug 16, 2020.

1. No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning.

I've been using multiple webmail connections through a browser for years and finally took the plunge to activate all 5 email services using Outlook 365.

It's great to finally have all my email services in 1 location and Outlook 365 has some great features but... every time I reboot I get a metered connection warning and require a 'connect anyway' response. And often this forces me to jump hoops for my gmail two-factor authentication. I may require to ditch the two-factor authentication thing unless I find a suitable Tweak but that still doesn't fix the 'connect anyway' requirement.

No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning. [​IMG]

I've searched and found the only solution posted is to change the 'set as metered connection' to off. Well that's simply brilliant, NOT. *sarc

I choose to set the connection as metered because I'm on a Wireless internet connection (very expensive) and it's another method to prevent Big Brother MS from suddenly and without warning, updating my OS (1809) and costing me a small fortune in data overage charges.

I would really appreciate any words of wisdom in how I can hide my metered connection status from Outlook 365.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Michael

:)

W10 Tweaker, Aug 16, 2020
  2. DH1
    dh1 Win User

Disable Outlook "Metered Connection" warning

I connect to the internet using 4G. I have set the connection to "metered" in Windows 10.

Unfortunately this means Outlook displays a "metered network" warning and will not download mail until I click "Connect anyway".

This setting appears to be per account so I have to click this for each account before Outlook can download mail. Outlook also appears to silently forget the setting periodically.

I can't find any way to turn this off in Outlook.

I have found two other superuser questions Settings that reduce Outlook 2016 data usage on a metered connection, while allowing mail and Outlook 2013 shows a metered connection warning on Windows 7; causes Office updates to fail but these relate to Windows 7 and 8 and don't appear to have been resolved.

To be clear, I would like Windows to consider my connection as "metered" but I would like Outlook to treat it as "unmetered". I do not want to stop using Windows 10 or Outlook.

Appreciate any and all ideas, even if it means writing VBA! Thanks

[Windows 10 Pro, Office 365, Outlook version 1810 (Monthly channel)]

3. Steve Fan Win User
    Disable Outlook "Metered Connection" warning

The metered network is a Windows network setting, not Outlook. Unfortunately, you can’t somehow whitelist Outlook for any or all of your connections or prevent Outlook from requesting the network costs before connecting. To bypass this warning, you have to change the “costs” setting for your network connection so it will no longer be a metered network.

See Metered network warning and Outlook not connecting automatically for more details.

Steve Fan, Aug 16, 2020
  4. breyed Win User

No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning.

How do I turn off the Metered Connection Warning in Outlook 2016?

How do I avoid Outlook form warning about a metered connection while still leaving the connection as metered? I rarely get large attachments, and so accessing email doesn't use much data. However, it's still important to leave the connection as metered for
    other purposes, for example to prevent Windows from downloading large operating system updates.

How do I tell just Outlook to not keeping bothering me about the same metered connection?

breyed, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning.

1. No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning. - Similar Threads - method disable Outlook

2. Office 365 / Outlook Metered Connection Fix - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 / Outlook Metered Connection Fix - Windows 10: To anyone having an issue with Metered Connection on Windows 10, you need to open your Available WiFi Networks section bottom right in your taskbar, the WiFi icon. Then right click on your current network, click "Properties"Then scroll down and turn off "Set as metered...
  3. Office 365 / Outlook Metered Connection Fix - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 / Outlook Metered Connection Fix - Windows 10: To anyone having an issue with Metered Connection on Windows 10, you need to open your Available WiFi Networks section bottom right in your taskbar, the WiFi icon. Then right click on your current network, click "Properties"Then scroll down and turn off "Set as metered...
  4. Office 365 / Outlook Metered Connection Fix - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Turn Off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook Without Changing System Settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn Off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook Without Changing System Settings?: Hello! Question pretty much in the subject. I have Microsoft Office 365 on my Windows 10 PC. I have my home network set as a metered connection, for a reason. I do not want that to change. I noticed that I was able to change the "automatically pause syncing on a metered...
  6. Outlook and Metered Connection?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook and Metered Connection?: Hello. I've only posted here a few times, but I'm sure grateful for this Forum, lots of helpful tips and fixes! And I've been helped when I needed it. I'm using Win 10 Pro, with the 20H2 update. I am current with updates as of 2/9/2021. I have a satellite Internet connection...
  7. Outlook on metered connection

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook on metered connection: My computer is set up for a metered connection because of data limits. When I open outlook to check me mail I get a Metered Network warning (Connect Anyways). Can I have the computer set to metered connection and change something in the registry to let outlook run like its...
  8. Can outlook be online While on metered connection?

Can outlook be online While on metered connection?: Hello! Here is my problem. I have set a metered network connection. It is a setting I do not want to change! However, every time I start Outlook, I need to also press the button "connect anyway" in order to have my mails checked. Also, no automatic checking works. My...
  9. Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.

Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.: Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi settings and the setting is turned to off for a metered connection yet the PC is still telling me the connection is metered in my...
  10. Metered Connection Warning

Metered Connection Warning: My Outlook comes with a warning about the extra charge. How can I solve that? 18137