Windows 10: No Mic

Discus and support No Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did the update and now I don't have a microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mic/5d49f351-47d5-4cf8-a472-eb6336bf2f42 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeavenlyRose426, Apr 9, 2021.

1. No Mic

I did the update and now I don't have a microphone

:)

HeavenlyRose426, Apr 9, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 9, 2021
  4. No Mic

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

No Mic

1. No Mic - Similar Threads - Mic

2. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  3. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  4. Mic quality is better on linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic quality is better on linux: I recently got my brand new hyperx quadcast and when I plugged it in and tested it was so bad..Then I tested the mic on my linuxsame laptop, Im dualbooting ubuntu and windows 11 it was great. I have no idea whats the problem is can some one help me?...
  5. Mic quality is better on linux

Mic quality is better on linux: I recently got my brand new hyperx quadcast and when I plugged it in and tested it was so bad..Then I tested the mic on my linuxsame laptop, Im dualbooting ubuntu and windows 11 it was great. I have no idea whats the problem is can some one help me?...
  6. How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?: I bought a new type-c earphones and after connecting it to my laptop, the speakers are good but the mic are full of static and BG noise. I connected it to my phone to check if my earphone's at fault but the quality is krisp. So I thought maybe the type-c plug in my laptop is...
  7. How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?

How can I fix static from my type-c earphones mic?: I bought a new type-c earphones and after connecting it to my laptop, the speakers are good but the mic are full of static and BG noise. I connected it to my phone to check if my earphone's at fault but the quality is krisp. So I thought maybe the type-c plug in my laptop is...
  8. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  9. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  10. Airpods connected mic, but no output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected mic, but no output.: I've been trying to connect my Gen 2 Airpods Pro to my Windows 11 PC laptop, but I've encountered a problem. After successfully pairing and connecting the Airpods, it says Connected Mic, but nothing else. I go to output options, and there is nothing but the standard speakers...