Windows 10: No microphone drivers

Discus and support No microphone drivers in Cortana to solve the problem; Since my windows 10 update Cortana unable to hear me, mic problem, when I look at drivers and hardware no microphone is listed, this tablet has built... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by daveyggeraghty, Jun 23, 2019.

1. No microphone drivers

Since my windows 10 update Cortana unable to hear me, mic problem, when I look at drivers and hardware no microphone is listed, this tablet has built in microphone, I run troubleshooter and there is no problem found, why is it every time windows does update then bugs and problems arise?

:)

daveyggeraghty, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

No microphone drivers

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

No microphone drivers

1. No microphone drivers - Similar Threads - microphone drivers

2. No microphone driver installed or present in my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone driver installed or present in my device: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  3. No microphone driver installed or present in my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No microphone driver installed or present in my device: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  4. How do I install a missing microphone usb audio codec driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a missing microphone usb audio codec driver: I am trying to run WSJTX on my Dell laptop using an ICOM 7300. I have had numerous problems with the drivers since moving to Windows 11, and my program was working fine until the last Windows Update.After unsuccessfully updating the driver, I uninstalled my mic USB Audio...
  5. How do I install a missing microphone usb audio codec driver

How do I install a missing microphone usb audio codec driver: I am trying to run WSJTX on my Dell laptop using an ICOM 7300. I have had numerous problems with the drivers since moving to Windows 11, and my program was working fine until the last Windows Update.After unsuccessfully updating the driver, I uninstalled my mic USB Audio...
  6. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  7. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  8. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501: Hello, my laptop is dell inspiron 3501 , i have an issue on microphone array, after i updated my window to 11 , when i input the wired earphone its not working there is driver but when i connect it wont connect to my earphone , i tried all the possibilities but its not...
  10. About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501

About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501: Hello, my laptop is dell inspiron 3501 , i have an issue on microphone array, after i updated my window to 11 , when i input the wired earphone its not working there is driver but when i connect it wont connect to my earphone , i tried all the possibilities but its not...