Windows 10: No microphone input with new webcam

Discus and support No microphone input with new webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new PotPlayer Full HD Webcam has good picture quality, but no microphone output - can anyone help, please? I first tried it as "plug and play":... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewBanks#keyboard, Oct 7, 2020.

1. No microphone input with new webcam

My new PotPlayer Full HD Webcam has good picture quality, but no microphone output - can anyone help, please?

I first tried it as "plug and play": good picture, but got only a few minutes poor microphone input level when I tried Zoom, and none when I tried Skype. I've since downloaded the PotPlayer software, but that makes no difference. The instructions are postcard size and not very informative.

The webcam is included in the list of Devices in the Control Panel>Devices and Printers list as ""HiCamera", but doesn't appear in the list of Devices under This PC>Devices and Drives. Under Properties, the manufacturer, model number and description are all "unavailable".

I've tried updating the drives via Device Manager, but get the message that the best driver is installed.

No problem with listening to Zoom meetings or radio with the existing speakers.

I'm running Windows 10 2004 on a HP 285 PC.

I'd be grateful for suggestions.

:)

AndrewBanks#keyboard, Oct 7, 2020

2. Neither my webcam nor my microphone are working

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

• Do you have webcam and Microphone Together?

• How have you connected the Webcam and Microphone to the computer?

• If USB, have you tried switching the ports?

Please reply for further help.

Waseemulla S, Oct 7, 2020
  3. My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not

Hi!

I purchased a Hrayzan 1080P HD Webcam from Amazon. It says it's plug & play. I plugged the USB cable into my Dell desktop and the camera worked fine in my zoom meetings. But I have never been able to get the microphone to work.

I have gone through EVERY step in the "Fix Microphone Problems" article on this site, including making sure my privacy settings are accurate (they are) and that the device is selected for Input (it is). But when I try to test the microphone, no sound registers.

I purchased the webcam/mic so I could use my desktop with Zoom but I can't get it to work. Please help!

KindraMendall, Oct 7, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

No microphone input with new webcam

My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

No microphone input with new webcam

1. No microphone input with new webcam - Similar Threads - microphone input webcam

2. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  3. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  4. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input: I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS....
  6. Microphone Input

Microphone Input: So after I did a factory reset on my laptop my mic stopped working on my headset Astro A 40 and has been picking up my voice from the camera on my camera. I have been messing around setting everything I could to my headsets mic but it just isn't working, I even reinstalled...
  7. Microphone and Webcam Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone and Webcam Access: Hello! My thoughts are with everyone. I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone. On Google Meet, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. the microphone and webcam connect, but my computer then tells me that they don't...
  8. microphone and webcam

microphone and webcam: I am using VAIO Intel cor i3 processor 2.20 Ghz. I used webcam and built in microphone for skype calls but now both of them are not working. I dont know whether they are physically damaged or there is some error in the software. Please help. Also i have Ms Office not...
  9. Webcam and Microphone Issue

Webcam and Microphone Issue: Hello, I have an HP ENVY - 15-as133cl. I have installed windows 10 1903 on it. My Webcam and Microphone works in sound recorder and in Facebook Messenger app. It does not work in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Adobe Audition. It also does not work on any websites that need...
  10. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...