Windows 10: No microphone input

Discus and support No microphone input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jhamel Ian, Jul 2, 2022.

1. No microphone input

Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below for your reference. please also take note that when i am using the same headphone but in wireless mode the microphone works fine.i hope you guys can help me with my problem. thanks

:)

Jhamel Ian, Jul 2, 2022
  2. zvainzHD Win User

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 2, 2022
  4. No microphone input

Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

No microphone input

1. No microphone input - Similar Threads - microphone input

2. I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...: I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I only have a headset. How do I connect the headset to both the headphones and the built-in microphone?...
  3. I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...: I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I only have a headset. How do I connect the headset to both the headphones and the built-in microphone?...
  4. Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity: Hi,I'm having some microphone issues. the input volume is VERY quiet, i have to shout in order for the mini mixer bar next to the microphone in more sound options to even pick up that I'm speaking, using the 'Test' your microphone" within 'Sound properties' gets back a “1% of...
  5. Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity

Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity: Hi,I'm having some microphone issues. the input volume is VERY quiet, i have to shout in order for the mini mixer bar next to the microphone in more sound options to even pick up that I'm speaking, using the 'Test' your microphone" within 'Sound properties' gets back a “1% of...
  6. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?: Can someone help me figure out why my audio input settings are greyed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-audio-input-settings-greyed-out-and/902fbc6d-154a-4601-99e5-782ef056f3c0
  7. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?: Can someone help me figure out why my audio input settings are greyed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-audio-input-settings-greyed-out-and/902fbc6d-154a-4601-99e5-782ef056f3c0
  8. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device: I've gone into Device Manager and my Realtek microphone is not showing up. The Output for my headphones work fine and show up in Device Manager. I've tried checking the Realtek Audio Console but, when I try to open it, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...
  10. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device: I've gone into Device Manager and my Realtek microphone is not showing up. The Output for my headphones work fine and show up in Device Manager. I've tried checking the Realtek Audio Console but, when I try to open it, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...