Windows 10: No microphone output Windows 10

Discus and support No microphone output Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, both my headset mic and in-built mic have stopped working. I don't remember doing a major windows update but now no sound is outputted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliCalvert, Jan 24, 2021.

1. No microphone output Windows 10

Hi,

Recently, both my headset mic and in-built mic have stopped working. I don't remember doing a major windows update but now no sound is outputted by these devices. There are no driver updates available and I have given all permissions and access to apps. If I plug in a USB microphone borrowed, so I cannot just use this, this does output sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Alistair

:)

AliCalvert, Jan 24, 2021

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 24, 2021
  3. makesense Win User
    Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

No microphone output Windows 10

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

No microphone output Windows 10

1. No microphone output Windows 10 - Similar Threads - microphone output

2. When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do?: I am using headphones SkullCandy Riff Wireless. When i am on Discord and i am connected to a voice channel, i only hear a buzzing noise. Not what my friends say. They hear everything i say. In the right lower part of my desktop, i have the microphone icon and when i put my...
  3. 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected: I've noticed for a while whenever a pair of Bluetooth headphones are connected to my Dell XPS, 2 outputs show up. There is a "Headphone {headphone name} Stereo" and "Headset {headphone name} Hands-free AG Audio". The default is the Headphone output, but to use the microphone,...
  4. Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker

Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker: I have been using my computer for almost a year now, just a few days ago I wanted to use my mic in a recording but it didn't work, shortly after I played some audio through my speakers and noticed that my mic is playing it back, I checked the headset and used it in another...
  5. Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly

Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly: Okay I know this is a million years old question, pardon and bear with me please. My brother's quite old lappy, Acer Aspire F15 is having a microphone issue. I noticed the microphone driver was missing and Windows does not automatically install it back don't know what was the...
  6. Combine microphone and application to to single output device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Combine microphone and application to to single output device: Basically I want to (in Discord) be able to speak and play music so that anyone in the voice chat can hear it. More specifically, I have a program running that the plays sounds I play on my MIDI device. I've tried things like stereo mix & voicemeeter, but they redirect EVERY...
  7. microphone has no output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone has no output: my mic has not been outputting anything for the past few days and it becoming a pain. before you spit generic garbage at me my problem is something more in depth then just disabled permission all I know is the mic is plugged in I have verified it works using my phone when...
  8. Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected

Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected: So I plugged my headphones into my PC through the headphone jack and it detects that the microphone on the headphones works. I've recorded audio with it and it works as intended. However, when I go into the settings menu and see my input and output devices for sound, the...
  9. Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found.

Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found.: I experienced this issue after my Windows 10 asked for an update and asked me to restart it. It is quite confusing to me that this issue never occurred to me after my recent updates and it was working fine. But the latest update stated something about the new features of...
  10. Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In

Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In: When I use the microphone built into my laptop I echo on Teams calls so I use a Rode shotgun mic I had laying around. The issue is my laptop has a combo port and when I plug in the microphone the computer is trying to output sound through the microphone and I can't use the...