Windows 10: No microphone output Windows 10

Discus and support No microphone output Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, both my headset mic and in-built mic have stopped working. I don't remember doing a major windows update but now no sound is outputted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliCalvert, Jan 24, 2021.

1. No microphone output Windows 10

Hi,

Recently, both my headset mic and in-built mic have stopped working. I don't remember doing a major windows update but now no sound is outputted by these devices. There are no driver updates available and I have given all permissions and access to apps. If I plug in a USB microphone borrowed, so I cannot just use this, this does output sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Alistair

:)

AliCalvert, Jan 24, 2021

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 24, 2021
  3. makesense Win User
    Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

No microphone output Windows 10

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

No microphone output Windows 10

1. No microphone output Windows 10 - Similar Threads - microphone output

2. I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...: I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I only have a headset. How do I connect the headset to both the headphones and the built-in microphone?...
  3. I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...: I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I only have a headset. How do I connect the headset to both the headphones and the built-in microphone?...
  4. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  5. Microphone input to speaker output

Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  6. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  7. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  8. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11 Driver Issue. Specifically Audio inputs and outputs - Microphone USB Audio CODEC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Driver Issue. Specifically Audio inputs and outputs - Microphone USB Audio CODEC: A new driver was installed for the USB Audio CODECs The device was configured on 7/16/2023 and started on that same date. This is for the Audio inputs and outputs. I have been having intermittent trouble with an application since that date. Prior to the date no problem. The...
  10. Windows 11 Driver Issue. Specifically Audio inputs and outputs - Microphone USB Audio CODEC

Windows 11 Driver Issue. Specifically Audio inputs and outputs - Microphone USB Audio CODEC: A new driver was installed for the USB Audio CODECs The device was configured on 7/16/2023 and started on that same date. This is for the Audio inputs and outputs. I have been having intermittent trouble with an application since that date. Prior to the date no problem. The...