Windows 10: No Microsoft Media on Windows 10?

Discus and support No Microsoft Media on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 with Microsoft Media. I understand that if I upgrade to Windows 10 I lose Microsoft Media. Does this mean I can no longer watch TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patricia J.Hay, Jul 29, 2019.

1. No Microsoft Media on Windows 10?

I have Windows 7 with Microsoft Media. I understand that if I upgrade to Windows 10 I lose Microsoft Media. Does this

mean I can no longer watch TV (live TV, not streaming) on my computer?

:)

Patricia J.Hay, Jul 29, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

No Microsoft Media on Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

No Microsoft Media on Windows 10?

1. No Microsoft Media on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Media

2. I uninstalled Windows Media Player and now it won't install/download from Microsoft Store...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Windows Media Player and now it won't install/download from Microsoft Store...: So I was trying to play an AVI file but Media Player wasn't having any of it, so I figgured since I play AVI all the time at work from Media Player I might as well uninstall and reinstall it.However, Windows had other plans and now the store won't let me download it, every...
  3. I uninstalled Windows Media Player and now it won't install/download from Microsoft Store...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled Windows Media Player and now it won't install/download from Microsoft Store...: So I was trying to play an AVI file but Media Player wasn't having any of it, so I figgured since I play AVI all the time at work from Media Player I might as well uninstall and reinstall it.However, Windows had other plans and now the store won't let me download it, every...
  4. What data does Media Player for Windows 11 send to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data does Media Player for Windows 11 send to Microsoft?: Good day and thank you very much for assisting me.Regarding Media Player for Windows 11, I understand that data is sent to Microsoft for performance and such. I would really like to know if I play a video using Windows 11 media player, Is data such as the title of the video...
  5. What data does Media Player for Windows 11 send to Microsoft?

What data does Media Player for Windows 11 send to Microsoft?: Good day and thank you very much for assisting me.Regarding Media Player for Windows 11, I understand that data is sent to Microsoft for performance and such. I would really like to know if I play a video using Windows 11 media player, Is data such as the title of the video...
  6. microsoft store doesn't work on a fresh win install, and no media is supported by win media...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store doesn't work on a fresh win install, and no media is supported by win media...: I reset my laptop because windows had problems specifically microsoft store would not open... Now after 7 resets and a full download of winsetup from the cloud, the store still doesn't open, and also I cant play any media, no videos no audio not even pic files open.. because...
  7. microsoft store doesn't work on a fresh win install, and no media is supported by win media...

microsoft store doesn't work on a fresh win install, and no media is supported by win media...: I reset my laptop because windows had problems specifically microsoft store would not open... Now after 7 resets and a full download of winsetup from the cloud, the store still doesn't open, and also I cant play any media, no videos no audio not even pic files open.. because...
  8. microsoft store doesn't work on a fresh win install, and no media is supported by win media...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why do microsoft hate its users I tried to clean install using the media **** **** and now...

Why do microsoft hate its users I tried to clean install using the media **** **** and now...: I **** hate the fact that there is nothing simple.You cant simply just reset your computer. No.It has to be **** time consuming and exhausting.Also, you'll have to read, listen and watch stuff you give FUCKALL CARE ABOUTbecause window is such ****they cant make it user...
  10. Microsoft Media Player

Microsoft Media Player: I have applied for Windows 11. I reinstalled an update and Windows Media Player has disappeared. It is not in the list of optional features and it is not present in control panel. I have tried accessing the folder it is in and it has .mui files that I cannot open. I have...