Windows 10: No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

Discus and support No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to restart my pcninto safe mode in order to run some diagnostics. I entered safemode through msconfig. After booting this way, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wizard of Nozs, Jan 26, 2020.

1. No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

I recently tried to restart my pcninto safe mode in order to run some diagnostics. I entered safemode through msconfig. After booting this way, my monitor has completely stopped recieving signal. Ive tried plugging it into other ports and even used other monitors with no success. Ive tried the trouble shooting methods of typing in command lines blind and although after i did such, the pc rebooted, no signal to monitor remains.

I am using a 99ack mobo, 980ti gpu.

:)

Wizard of Nozs, Jan 26, 2020
  2. kian Win User

Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

Hello,

My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of safe mode without display.
    It happened before too, i found some steps to get out of safe mode without display with keyboard only.

Also Monitor is connected to Motherboard VGA, i also tried the CMOS reset.

Any help ?

Thank you in advance.

3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Stuck in Safe Mode

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If you are able to boot in to the safe mode and if you are able to see desktop screen, try the steps to disable safe mode.

Start - type in Search box -> MSCONFIG find at top of list - Right Click on - RUN AS ADMIN

In MSCONFIG - Boot tab - Boot Options - uncheck SAFE BOOT = APPLY / OK.

If that doesn't help try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Jan 26, 2020
  4. No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

1. No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig - Similar Threads - monitor trying boot

2. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode: so i just wanted to remove some files but i couldn't because they were showing its opened in an other program so i thought to go into safe mode and simply delete them but when i booted into safe mode i saw the windows logo and spinning circles for a second and after then my...
  3. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode: so i just wanted to remove some files but i couldn't because they were showing its opened in an other program so i thought to go into safe mode and simply delete them but when i booted into safe mode i saw the windows logo and spinning circles for a second and after then my...
  4. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  5. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  6. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?: Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!! I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the...
  8. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  9. Screen no signal and black after restart button after msconfig/boot/safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen no signal and black after restart button after msconfig/boot/safe mode: I'm using Windows 10. I noticed that the color in screens have more greens and seems lacking some yellow tones or reds. Following the computer advise. I pressed the winlogo +r, then type msconfig, then in new box click boot/ safe mode/manual then click restart. Then the...
  10. Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor not working after booting in safe mode: Hello, My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sstuck in safe mode no display