Windows 10: No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port

Discus and support No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, when plugging in the VGA cable into my video card's VGA port the monitor shows no display. It isn't an internal problem as the computer turns on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by a5tech, Jun 1, 2019.

1. a5tech Win User

No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port

So, when plugging in the VGA cable into my video card's VGA port the monitor shows no display. It isn't an internal problem as the computer turns on and the keyboard and mouse light up after a couple of seconds which I can assume is that the computer is in the OS but does not show any display. There is a monitor display when the VGA cable is plugged into the motherboard which forces me to use the integrated graphics. I have tried many remedies to this problem including swapping VGA cables...

a5tech, Jun 1, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jun 1, 2019
  3. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

dual monitors using a 2 port VGA monitor splitter Y cable?

Hi,

Display using dual monitors can be possible if your video card supports multiple video outputs. Have you tried setting up dual monitor display before? Do you have other connectors aside from a VGA cable?

Splitters do not support extended computer application. What it does is it clones the same images on multiple monitors. VGA to 2 VGA connections usually cannot do it due to limited resources. If you want to have a dual monitor setup, you might want to check
    if your video card supports multiple outputs directly from the device manufacturer and use another cable connector instead of a splitter.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port - Similar Threads - Monitor Display VGA

2. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in: I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, sold by ASUS.I bought a new monitor and plugged the display cable into the GPU while a my HDMI cable was plugged into another monitor and then my pc froze and BSoD ed, it gave the stop code: VIDEO TLD and one more word that I forgot.I then...
  3. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in: I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, sold by ASUS.I bought a new monitor and plugged the display cable into the GPU while a my HDMI cable was plugged into another monitor and then my pc froze and BSoD ed, it gave the stop code: VIDEO TLD and one more word that I forgot.I then...
  4. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Display Port hot plug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Port hot plug: Hi, I just upgraded my setup with a few new displays on PC. The PC Specs are: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-PlusAMD Ryzen 7 5800X3DMSI Gaming T Trio 3080VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16And the new displays:3x Dell S2721DGF1x LG OLED55C21LAAnd I have the following...
  6. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  7. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  8. No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot

No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot: I have a problem with my GPU's VGA slot. Whenever the VGA cable is connected to the GPU's VGA slot in my computer, the computer boots on (fans spinning, LED lights, etc) but nothing is displayed on my monitor(no signal). However, when the VGA cable is connected to the...
  9. Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in"

Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in": I plugged my laptop into an integra 30.4 receiver via HDMI port (multiple ports) and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video. Video works great! The laptop is an alienware laptop on...
  10. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor: Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive OS: Windows 10 Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I...