Windows 10: No monitor on device manager, can't change brightness, can't find drivers

Discus and support No monitor on device manager, can't change brightness, can't find drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently found that the windows updates on my display adapter/monitor intel graphics, etc. are what caused the frequent bsods that i;ve been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Indefinit, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Indefinit Win User

No monitor on device manager, can't change brightness, can't find drivers

I've recently found that the windows updates on my display adapter/monitor intel graphics, etc. are what caused the frequent bsods that i;ve been getting. As a resolution i tried to uninstall the intel hd graphics using DDU. My laptop was no longer crashing after this. However, I can't change the brightness of the monitor and when I checked the device manager the monitor showed up in "other devices". I also tried to add legacy hardware in dev manager but there is no option for the generic pnp monitor. Pls help!Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52i5-9300hrtx 2060intel uhd graphics 630

:)

Indefinit, Apr 30, 2021

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Apr 30, 2021
  4. No monitor on device manager, can't change brightness, can't find drivers

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

No monitor on device manager, can't change brightness, can't find drivers

1. No monitor on device manager, can't change brightness, can't find drivers - Similar Threads - monitor device manager

2. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  3. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  4. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager: I found out my laptop's integrated webcam was not working last day. On checking I saw that the Camera option was missing in device manager. I changed the camera app settings, did sfc/ SCANNOW, did software updates for windows, and tried almost everything else I saw while...
  5. Can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness: I recently installed version 2004 for Windows and everything has been fine so far, except for the fact that my brightness has gone way up. Now usually I have the night light on, so I thought I just need to turn it back on again. I did that and the screen is still the same...
  6. Can't change the display brightness on my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the display brightness on my monitor: Hello! So I just built my first PC and I'm having a few issues with the Display brightness. I'm not new to Windows, I have been on a break from the OS system for a year so maybe things have changed but to my understanding, there was always a way to manually change the...
  7. can't change the brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change the brightness: Hello! I have a problem with the brightness of my Notebook's screen Since the last windows update I can't change the screen's brightness. Is there a solution? I can't find any option in the display settings. And in the Night lights settings there isn't any option for...
  8. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  9. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  10. Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager: In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera. But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices. [img] Where in Win10 can I enable and disable...