Windows 10: no monitor turn on

Discus and support no monitor turn on in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; New build Gigabyte GA-H170M-DH3, checked-double checked everything. With disk in drive monitor will not turn on. Do I have a bad motherboard? Also fan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by robert, Oct 16, 2016.

1. robert Win User

no monitor turn on

New build Gigabyte GA-H170M-DH3, checked-double checked everything. With disk in drive monitor will not turn on. Do I have a bad motherboard? Also fan on Intel I3 runs normal then slows then speeds up. Any ideas?

:)

robert, Oct 16, 2016

2. When turn on PC, the monitor comes on but no signal from PC. If I let it stay for while and the turn PC off and turn on PC again the display shows on the monitor.

Aldrene Mas

Thanks for replying. I tried your suggestion, to run the windows updateTroubleshooter. It made no difference. I did hear the window 10 jingle for a short time when I started the computer initially. Also, there was windows update the computer went thru
    after this excercise.

Best regards,

Syed Hussain

Shajee_786, Oct 16, 2016
  3. When turn on PC, the monitor comes on but no signal from PC. If I let it stay for while and the turn PC off and turn on PC again the display shows on the monitor.

Hi,

Allow us to help. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and let us know
    how it goes. Keep us posted.

Kind regards.

Aldrene Mas, Oct 16, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

no monitor turn on

Do you get any POST (power on self test) display at all?

bobkn, Oct 16, 2016
  5. robert Win User
    no--nothing

robert, Oct 16, 2016
  6. Have you tried testing each sticks to see which one is defective?

RoasterMen, Oct 16, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Too bad.

I suggest that you start with a minimum setup: one stick of RAM (see your motherboard manual about the appropriate DIMM slot), onboard graphics (if available) rather than a discrete graphics card, no disks attached. See if you can get POST messages. If yes, see if you can get into the BIOS settings.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no monitor turn on

1. no monitor turn on - Similar Threads - monitor turn

2. Monitor Not Turning On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Not Turning On: I have a monitor that worked well up until a few days ago, I left the PC and monitor running throughout the night and tried coming back the next morning. The PC still works fine and is running how it usually does. I usually press spacebar to wake up the monitor again after...
  3. Monitor Not Turning On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Not Turning On: I have a monitor that worked well up until a few days ago, I left the PC and monitor running throughout the night and tried coming back the next morning. The PC still works fine and is running how it usually does. I usually press spacebar to wake up the monitor again after...
  4. Computer shuts off when I turn off monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts off when I turn off monitor: I have Win 11 on a KVM switch. When I disconnect the monitor the Win11 box shuts off. I need it to stay on so when I switch back to Win11 it's still running in the state I left it. I'm constantly switching between the Win11 box and some other computer through a KVM. This...
  5. Computer shuts off when I turn off monitor

Computer shuts off when I turn off monitor: I have Win 11 on a KVM switch. When I disconnect the monitor the Win11 box shuts off. I need it to stay on so when I switch back to Win11 it's still running in the state I left it. I'm constantly switching between the Win11 box and some other computer through a KVM. This...
  6. How do i fix my monitor from turning off when i play spotify?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my monitor from turning off when i play spotify?: So this is very unusual but this now just started happening recently, well not really. Whenever i open the web player spotify to play music it automatically turns off my pc. I always unplug my HDMI cord and replug it back in and it always fixed the problem but now the problem...
  7. How do i fix my monitor from turning off when i play spotify?

How do i fix my monitor from turning off when i play spotify?: So this is very unusual but this now just started happening recently, well not really. Whenever i open the web player spotify to play music it automatically turns off my pc. I always unplug my HDMI cord and replug it back in and it always fixed the problem but now the problem...
  8. Computer not automatically turning on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not automatically turning on monitor: I've tried googling this, but all it's giving is when people's monitors won't turn on at all.I'm having problems with having to manually turn it on each time Which is getting annoying.. as i always if possible turn off my computer before bed, occasionally i may set it to...
  9. Computer not automatically turning on monitor

Computer not automatically turning on monitor: I've tried googling this, but all it's giving is when people's monitors won't turn on at all.I'm having problems with having to manually turn it on each time Which is getting annoying.. as i always if possible turn off my computer before bed, occasionally i may set it to...
  10. Computer not automatically turning on monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware