Windows 10: No more access right on the local OneDrive folder

Discus and support No more access right on the local OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Something very stange, i can access the local OneDrive folder but impossible to manage the files. Eachtime it tells me that i need local admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HervéPhilippoteaux, Nov 25, 2020.

1. No more access right on the local OneDrive folder

Hello,

Something very stange, i can access the local OneDrive folder but impossible to manage the files. Eachtime it tells me that i need local admin rights i'm already local admin.

Impossible also to give access to the OneDrive app when i reinstall it.

Does someone know how to bypass this?

:)

HervéPhilippoteaux, Nov 25, 2020

2. Docs folder is C:\Users\me\OneDrive, not local folder : How do I get the local document folder back in the right place?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you able to view the contents of the local document folder in your system, not in OneDrive folder?

2) Are you trying to copy the contents from OneDrive folder to local system Document folder?

If the content from your local system Document folder is moved to OneDrive Document folder, then I suggest you to open the Document folder under OneDrive, copy the content and save it in Document folder in the system.

You can also restore the default location of the Document folder, if the location is changed.

To restore the default folder location, follow the below steps.

1) Right click on the Document folder.

2) Select the Properties option.

3) Click on the Location tab.

4) Click on Restore Default button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 25, 2020
  3. CP2009 Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Nov 25, 2020
  4. No more access right on the local OneDrive folder

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

No more access right on the local OneDrive folder

1. No more access right on the local OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - more access right

2. How to access LOCAL copies of folders and files stored in onedrive in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access LOCAL copies of folders and files stored in onedrive in Linux: All my files in onedrive are also stored on my PC.I dual boot Windows with Linux Mint, when I was using Windows 10 I could access all files in Linux with a link to the relevant folders.After upgrading to Windows 11 when I can no longer access folders in Linux.In Linux Getting...
  3. How to access LOCAL copies of folders and files stored in onedrive in Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access LOCAL copies of folders and files stored in onedrive in Linux: All my files in onedrive are also stored on my PC.I dual boot Windows with Linux Mint, when I was using Windows 10 I could access all files in Linux with a link to the relevant folders.After upgrading to Windows 11 when I can no longer access folders in Linux.In Linux Getting...
  4. Onedrive local folder issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive local folder issues: Hi,I can't get the OneDrive local folder to appear in my explorer tree, and no sync is available.The only way to access it through the OneDrive app that opens like some sort of window and did not have much of functionality incorporated... basically I see and download or...
  5. Onedrive local folder issues

Onedrive local folder issues: Hi,I can't get the OneDrive local folder to appear in my explorer tree, and no sync is available.The only way to access it through the OneDrive app that opens like some sort of window and did not have much of functionality incorporated... basically I see and download or...
  6. OneDrive VHD folder access

OneDrive VHD folder access: Is there a way to access a VHD folder on OneDrive using Microsoft Edge or the Android OneDrive App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-vhd-folder-access/4d65b1cc-53ca-4d63-9a51-28ec5ff69276
  7. How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?: Hello,I want to automatically let OneDrive synchronize a local folder.In OneDrive/Choose Folder however I cannot select the folder I want.I have followed also this instruction: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Tutorials tenforums.comusing mklink /j...
  8. How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?

How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?: Hello,I want to automatically let OneDrive synchronize a local folder.In OneDrive/Choose Folder however I cannot select the folder I want.I have followed also this instruction: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Tutorials tenforums.comusing mklink /j...
  9. How to mirror local folder to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Local setting folder not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local setting folder not accessible: I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1810. I have administrator privileges and I want to go into the Local settings folder to change my.cnf file, I see this error message: C:\Users\user \Local settings is not accessible. Access is denied. Why am I getting this message and...