Windows 10: No more bing smart search? and other concerns

Discus and support No more bing smart search? and other concerns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I liked the graphical search that was available with Windows 8.1 and I don't understand why the current tech preview search app doesn't replicate this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drunkasaurus, Oct 15, 2014.

1. No more bing smart search? and other concerns

I liked the graphical search that was available with Windows 8.1 and I don't understand why the current tech preview search app doesn't replicate this functionality. (I've attached a picture for those who aren't familiar with the feature) The search app that comes pinned to the taskbar is horrific, and I'm not sure what exactly the point of it is. Also, I'm concerned about how the transition between using the start screen and start menu is handled. I have a touch screen I use sporadically, and this isn't a big issue for me because I will just use the start menu and make apps full screen when I need to, but I noticed that when I tried switching to the start screen all my apps continued to open in windows, none of them defaulted to full screen. If I had one of those fancy "2 in one" machines, this would obviously be less than ideal...

No more bing smart search? and other concerns [​IMG]

:)

Drunkasaurus, Oct 15, 2014

2. Micrsoft Store and some other apps won't open.

Store, calculator, bing news, bing finance won't open on clicking their icons.

Driving me crazy coz i have tried lot more to fix the issue but in vain.

So microsoft plz look into the issue nd solve it.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Sami Ullah Danish, Oct 15, 2014
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Windows 10 security concerns

It's a safety net as much as anything. If you have to go through a second prompt when you try to delete system files, there's less chance you'll do something catastrophic.

Despite having 35 years in the business, I managed to delete my mouse driver some years back because being smart, I'd turned off the confirmation prompt!

I'm now less smart and use a standard account and accept the UAC prompts. No more driver deletions.

d0gknees, Oct 15, 2014
  4. No more bing smart search? and other concerns

Be sure to express this in the 10 feedback app as they will be glad to know there are fans of this rich Search option by Bing. I don't use the Start Screen so haven't come across how to revive it in 10, but my understanding is the Continuum will offer it as default when installed to touchscreens, or at least offer the choice. How are you accessing it now?

gregrocker, Oct 16, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 16, 2014
  6. Yes, I've been using the first method. Although your link offers a quick toggle is doesn't change the fact that default window size and general operating system behavior should change when in touch and desktop mode. I've since done more research on "Continuum" and it seems like Microsoft wants to do what I'm suggesting but they are taking their time to make sure it works correctly. I'm fine with that. I'm worried about Bing Smart Search because it really was the only consistently impressive feature of Windows that I could show to people. It's hard to explain how useful it is to those who haven't used it but I really think the team that designed it did a phenomenal job and I'll be incredibly sad if it's getting canned.

Drunkasaurus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No more bing smart search? and other concerns

1. No more bing smart search? and other concerns - Similar Threads - more bing smart

2. removing info from bing or other search engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing info from bing or other search engines: Hey guys, I check my profile on Bing once in a while. Recently the search with my name with middle initial should come up with about 2000. In the world there are probably at most 20 PWTs. My search comes up with about 1.5 mil. Can I have myself and my info removed from Bing...
  3. removing info from bing or other search engines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing info from bing or other search engines: Hey guys, I check my profile on Bing once in a while. Recently the search with my name with middle initial should come up with about 2000. In the world there are probably at most 20 PWTs. My search comes up with about 1.5 mil. Can I have myself and my info removed from Bing...
  4. Bing search history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search history: Hi, Actually, I have a problem, I actually want to delete my search history of bing, and when I delete by pressing a clear button and when I sign out it is again coming and how many times I delete still it is the same. Please help me out in this issue. and my laptop is dell...
  5. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  6. Introducing Microsoft Search for Windows 10, Office, Bing, and more

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Search for Windows 10, Office, Bing, and more: At Ignite last year, we introduced personalized search across Office 365, a way to bring intelligent search and discovery experiences directly to you. Today, we’re delighted to announce that we are expanding that vision to encompass search both inside and outside of Microsoft...
  7. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  8. Deep learning helping to make Bing search results more intelligent

in Windows 10 News
    Deep learning helping to make Bing search results more intelligent: Deep learning is helping to make Bing’s search results more intelligent. Here’s a peek behind the curtain of how we’re applying some of these techniques. Last week, I noticed there were dates printed on my soda cans and I wanted to know what they referred to - sell by dates,...
  9. Bing Launches More Intelligent Search Features

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Launches More Intelligent Search Features: In December, we announced new intelligent search features which tap into advances in AI to provide people with more comprehensive answers, faster. Today, we’re excited to announce improvements to our current features, and new scenarios that get you to your answer faster....
  10. Bing New Multi-Perspective Answers for More Intelligent Search

in Windows 10 News
    Bing New Multi-Perspective Answers for More Intelligent Search: In December, we launched several new Intelligent Answers that go beyond the traditional Q&A style of search and offer answers to more complicated questions. We received so much interest in providing multiple perspectives to an answer, that we wanted to share more details on...