Windows 10: No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?

Discus and support No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer just installed feature update 21H1 over-night and it seems it's disabled the ability to have the icons be coloured in the Start menu? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheCaptainBritish, Jul 2, 2021.

1. No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?

My computer just installed feature update 21H1 over-night and it seems it's disabled the ability to have the icons be coloured in the Start menu? Is there any way to re-enable this? Having all the icons matching the light/dark mode with no accent colour looks absolutely awful compared to how everything used to pop. I have poor eysight and I never realized how helpful it was.To be clear, I'm not talking about the option in Personalize that changes the colour of the entire start menu, I'm specifically talking about the icons?

:)

TheCaptainBritish, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?

1. No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1? - Similar Threads - more coloured icons

2. Start menu colour inconsistency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu colour inconsistency: I set the colour accent to blue and chose the option to show it in the start menu and taskbar, but when I type something in the start menu it reverts to black. This behaviour is not present on my other machine. Can someone help please?...
  3. Start menu colour inconsistency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu colour inconsistency: I set the colour accent to blue and chose the option to show it in the start menu and taskbar, but when I type something in the start menu it reverts to black. This behaviour is not present on my other machine. Can someone help please?...
  4. More Start Menu Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  5. More Start Menu Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  6. Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update: I now have awful Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after the 21H1 update was automatically installed on my computer. As Windows 10 Pro version 2004 ends having updates after December 2021, I am forced to have this horrible version. Why has Microsoft dictated how I...
  7. after updating 21h1 my pc started to be slow because of more error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after updating 21h1 my pc started to be slow because of more error: The server {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM"...
  8. colourful icons on windows 10 start menu

colourful icons on windows 10 start menu: How do I get the colourful icons on windows 10 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colourful-icons-on-windows-10-start-menu/0bdb6d87-a9b4-4052-8b12-1371d27bca00
  9. Start menu not changing colours

Start menu not changing colours: [ATTACH] Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  10. Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes: As per title. I'm thinking this might be video driver related as it happens mostly when I'm windowing a game and opening other apps etc. Problem: [img] Usually it looks like this: [img] 21358

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 21H1 start menu change color