Windows 10: No More Groups in the Start Menu?

Discus and support No More Groups in the Start Menu? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HopWorksEmbeddedImaginati, Dec 13, 2021.

1. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you walk into a store that pumps you up to buy stuff inside. But instead of seeing well-dressed mannikins doing things I can relate to, all I see are body parts, unwrapped gifts, and furniture placed in a way that looks like a crime scene. Honestly, how much thought was applied to solve finding my apps using a search field??Th

:)

HopWorksEmbeddedImaginati, Dec 13, 2021

2. Start menu tile groups -- On one pc only first two groups show up

I have upgraded three computers to Windows 10. On the first two, the start menu shows app tiles in three groups. The first group has calendar, email, edge browser, etc. The second has games, news and entertainment.

The third group appears to have a tile for every application and program that is installed. However, the third computer only shows the first two groups of tiles.

Also, I don't know if this is related: When I type the name of an application, usually the system quickly infers which application I mean. But the third computer does not know about "Word" not "Office Word". For Word, it only suggests Wordpad. It does know
    about "winword", though.

Also, the start menu has a list of recently used applications. Most applications in this list also have an associated list of recent documents. But the third computer never remembers that I have recently used Microsoft Office 2007 Word, and never offers a list
    of recently opened/saved documents.

How can I make the third computer behave like the first two?

KillyKeidy, Dec 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 13, 2021
  4. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

No More Groups in the Start Menu?

1. No More Groups in the Start Menu? - Similar Threads - More Groups Start

2. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  3. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  4. More Start Menu Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  5. More Start Menu Features

More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  6. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  7. How do I add more groups to the start menu?

How do I add more groups to the start menu?: So far I have a Productivity category and one that was unnamed. In case you don't know what I'm referring to it's the category lines in the 'squares' part of the Start Menu....
  8. More Groups on Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  9. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954