Windows 10: No more sound in games?

Discus and support No more sound in games? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Community! I have a problem that probably doesn't happen that often. It's really strange, in games I bought at Steam/EpicGames (e.g. GTA V) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonGreeny, Aug 1, 2020.

1. No more sound in games?

Hello Community!

I have a problem that probably doesn't happen that often.
    It's really strange, in games I bought at Steam/EpicGames (e.g. GTA V) I have no sound anymore. However, in games I didn't buy there (e.g. Minecraft) I still have sound.

The worst thing is that I can't open the sound settings (Windows 10).
    I open them and they automatically close again.
    And no matter which speaker/headphone I try, the sound stays away.

Can I get some help here?

MfG Leon

:)

LeonGreeny, Aug 1, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No more sound in games? :p

cadaveca, Aug 1, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 1, 2020
  4. No more sound in games?

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

No more sound in games?

1. No more sound in games? - Similar Threads - more sound games

2. No more sound input device work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No more sound input device work: Hi, While trying to create a macro to desactivate my microphone the same way we can do with the camera I think I messup my input device with some powershell command. Any Input device external USB microphone, webcam doesn't work anymoreThe only way I can find en error code is...
  3. No sound in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound in games: I am having trouble with no sound in games in gta 5 I have no sound after the breaking glass and in some games nothing at all any help submitted by /u/Marss_coco [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcfc5k/no_sound_in_games/
  4. No sound in games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound in games.: I have a really weird problem. Whenever im in a browser i have audio and everythinf is working fine, but when im in game (and ive tried litteraly every game i have) there is just 0 audio. Can someone help me fixing that? submitted by /u/BugChungus [link] [comments]...
  5. No more sound on the pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No more sound on the pc?: Hello, my headset cable got knotted, so I briefly unplugged the cable to unknot it. When I plugged it back in, nothing worked. Request for help https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/kein-sound--mehr-am-pc-2
  6. No more sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No more sound: I use an Acer laptop, and after the feature update, it will not play any sounds without speakers or earphones. Where can I get a new sound driver? (I think I was called "Realtek")....
  7. video+sound sync problems (and more)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video+sound sync problems (and more): I have not had any BSODs on my system but I am experiencing a range of problems that I cannot find the cause of. Symptoms: The first time I turn on the computer & login, if I play any videos, the sound & video fall out of sync. This is consistent. What is strange is clicking...
  8. No sound in the game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound in the game: I have recently installed a game from Microsoft Store but there is no sound there. I reinstalled it several times but the issue persists. The game is Asphalt 7: Heat How can this issue be resolved?...
  9. no sound in game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    no sound in game: The game, which I downloaded from the Microsoft Store to my DELL Inspiron laptop, doesn’t produce any sound. I tried to adjust settings in-game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-in-game/6cc81388-b0f1-4b90-95ef-c4e820c7e79a"
  10. App & Games get more and more space :(

in Windows 10 Support
    App & Games get more and more space :(: Please help me. My Windows 10 64bits has problem with space of C drive. App & Games get more than 70Gb of space. Please see details in attached and help me. Thanks 62676