Windows 10: No more sound

Discus and support No more sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an Acer laptop, and after the feature update, it will not play any sounds without speakers or earphones. Where can I get a new sound driver? (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Looney Canuck, Jun 25, 2019.

1. No more sound

I use an Acer laptop, and after the feature update, it will not play any sounds without speakers or earphones. Where can I get a new sound driver? (I think I was called "Realtek").

:)

Looney Canuck, Jun 25, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No more sound :p

cadaveca, Jun 25, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 25, 2019
  4. No more sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

No more sound

1. No more sound - Similar Threads - more sound

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  4. No more sound input device work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No more sound input device work: Hi, While trying to create a macro to desactivate my microphone the same way we can do with the camera I think I messup my input device with some powershell command. Any Input device external USB microphone, webcam doesn't work anymoreThe only way I can find en error code is...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable is using WAY more resources than it should. My laptop sounds...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable is using WAY more resources than it should. My laptop sounds...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/duyhung2h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tt6rx9/antimalware_service_executable_is_using_way_more/
  6. no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.: Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy Fx.The speaker icon on the taskbar is showing a red dot with an X inside. The message when I put the curser on it is: "No audio device installed"...
  7. Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more: It seems to remember the startup sounds i set and that is impressive.The sounds were a windows 7 startup sound, i set this manually, I am on a windows 10 20h2 build 19042.985, thismay change in the future....
  8. Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound: It seems like Microsoft Edge has been updated and now on my Hulu app I no longer get 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Digital is gone. I was online with Hulu Techs and they cant figure it out either. I believe it has something to do with the web browser. the hulu app has a...
  9. What does this sound mean? More information in comments.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this sound mean? More information in comments.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RhythmStiix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljwfq2/what_does_this_sound_mean_more_information_in/
  10. What does 'turn on mono audio' do? More louder sound? What's the difference?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does 'turn on mono audio' do? More louder sound? What's the difference?: Hi, please tell me what 'turn on mono audio' does in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-turn-on-mono-audio-do-more-louder-sound/c42a971c-0970-46ae-baae-446ba9fdb725